Trs hunter wanted for Caribbean Expedition

Re: Tr's hunter wanted for Caribbean Expedition

Amona. I am not taking any position, but I thought you were a little hard on him.

I cannot join you on your island trip and I wish you luck. I hope to someday take a MD to San Juan beaches or the old city. Yes I would enjoy pictures of your finds. You stated what you found on the beaches over the years and I believe you. Wish you luck. :)

Amona said:
Chagy

Mona Island is a protected national park guarded by park rangers

Mona Island "is not" a National park, it is reserve belong to Puerto Rico Government and Dept.Natural Reserve (Dept. de Recursos Naturales y Ambientales,.. When you check this link you can read the next:

"La Isla de Mona es una de nuestras reservas naturales con mayor belleza escénica y con un incalculable valor ecológico. Este pequeño "Santuario Natural" de unas 14,043 cuerdas se le conoce como Mona, deriva su nombre del vocablo Arauco Amona en honor a un cacique de esa tribu."

http://www.gobierno.pr/DRNA/ReservasNaturales/Islas/IslaMona/Isla_Mona_I.htm

2. About the Santa Maria, when you partners does like Mel fisher did with the Atocha,then your partners could receive the proper "credit".

3. Thanks for you advice, but when you find "small find first" maybe you can be ready to find "the big one" and maybe advice others,....can you read me?

I lived in Puerto Rico for 25 years and I know some of the best THtrs in the island.......

EXCUSE ME,.......................!!

4.Nobody care who you know.Go to the advice #3.

Amona

Well OK then, its not a protected national park.......its a natural sanctuary with incalculable ecologic value, even worst......

Its true who cares who I know or dont know.......Lets just go to the point....So tell us what are the rules for salvage laws in P.R. and the %s............So you can just walk up to the park ranger in Mona and tell him; Hi we are here to explore the island we have 2 MDs and we will dig a few 12 inch holes, but dont worry we will cover them...

Brother all I am saying is that if you are going to invite people to invest time and money, you should also tell them the risk, so they can know what they are getting into.

You know what I am talking about.....

Chagy.......

BigCypress

1 year ago, Mr. Chaggy met with me in a MSN chat.During our conversation I didn't like what he said things about him and his friends in Puerto Rico

(" I lived in Puerto Rico for 25 years and I know some of the best THtrs in the island")

and his project that he told me in that time about the salvage of some 'X' shipwreck. He told that shipwreck has lots a gold, silver and more, eventually he became rich when find that gold and he would buy a exotic car (if I remember he said "Ferrari"). Anyway, whatever he does,I don't really care.I wished him the best venture. My point in my post here is the way he express about "Treasure hunting in Mona Island and the laws ". I took this as a " no respect" to my thread here when he wrote a couple words.

Also in that conversation I remember to ask him " what did you find in all the time that you has been in this hobby"? he told me "some cannon ball underwater in Isla verde" . Isla verde is an area in SJ where there is many tourist. When he told me that I remember I have a friend in mine which he saw those cannon ball in the same place in the 60's but Chaggy attributes him "the Credit". I ask again "What else did you find detecting"? He said nothing else.

Everybody knows to be considerated a "real salvage" or a "real discovery" you have to follow many step as did Mel Fisher, Bob Marx (research,permission, detect, locate, remove and trade) and others in order to receive the credit for that salvage and honor.If he has been involved in some salvage, metal detecting on the beach or drinking in south Miami beach,is irrelevant.

When you really are a good guy detecting and you have experience finding and trade whatever you find, then you're ready to advice. When you can say "I paid part of my bills detecting in the beach" (as I lived it) then you' re ready to advice about this hobby, but don't come to this forum with 'BS" trying to impress the people,...give me a break!! I'd found many currency for many years, I know the places in Mona that 'match' with many books, writers and legend that talk about hidden gold but I stay in silence, I don't say anything, I don't try to impress anybody here.

At the end of our conversation in the MSN, I would stop to chat with him because the lots a "BS" he was telling me.If Mr. Chaggy found gold since the last time I met in the chat,...God bless him.

Talking about My friend,...he is Ramon Rodriguez, Mechanical engineer for 30 year in the Telephone co.
Ramos was hired by a wealthy family to find a chest full of Spanish gold and he found it inside the concrete stair.
I detected with him many time in Isla verde beach,and Ocean Park beach.He was a good man, good husband and god friend, however I never talk here in this forum about my experience and adventure that I lived with him detecting in Puerto Rico,..why? I don't like impress people.

I don't like to insult anybody in this forum, I don't like to be hard with anybody,I know some guys likes to post thread here to argue, but not me. I felt very uncomfortable and disappointed for the way that Mr. Chaggy wrote saying:

"I just want to advise with the right information"

What does he means with the "RIGHT INFORMATION"?, the everything that I posted heres is not true o false?
Again Chaggy,.........."Give me a break"

Sincerely
Amona

Attachments

• DSCF0461.JPG
    DSCF0461.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,638
  • DSCF0461.JPG
    DSCF0461.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,643

again

Attachments

• DSCF0433.JPG
    DSCF0433.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,625
  • DSCF0433.JPG
    DSCF0433.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,614

Amona said:
BigCypress

1 year ago, Mr. Chaggy met with me in a MSN chat.During our conversation I didn't like what he said things about him and his friends in Puerto Rico

(" I lived in Puerto Rico for 25 years and I know some of the best THtrs in the island")

and his project that he told me in that time about the salvage of some 'X' shipwreck. He told that shipwreck has lots a gold, silver and more, eventually he became rich when find that gold and he would buy a exotic car (if I remember he said "Ferrari"). Anyway, whatever he does,I don't really care.I wished him the best venture. My point in my post here is the way he express about "Treasure hunting in Mona Island and the laws ". I took this as a " no respect" to my thread here when he wrote a couple words.

Also in that conversation I remember to ask him " what did you find in all the time that you has been in this hobby"? he told me "some cannon ball underwater in Isla verde" . Isla verde is an area in SJ where there is many tourist. When he told me that I remember I have a friend in mine which he saw those cannon ball in the same place in the 60's but Chaggy attributes him "the Credit". I ask again "What else did you find detecting"? He said nothing else.

Everybody knows to be considerated a "real salvage" or a "real discovery" you have to follow many step as did Mel Fisher, Bob Marx (research,permission, detect, locate, remove and trade) and others in order to receive the credit for that salvage and honor.If he has been involved in some salvage, metal detecting on the beach or drinking in south Miami beach,is irrelevant.

When you really are a good guy detecting and you have experience finding and trade whatever you find, then you're ready to advice. When you can say "I paid part of my bills detecting in the beach" (as I lived it) then you' re ready to advice about this hobby, but don't come to this forum with 'BS" trying to impress the people,...give me a break!! I'd found many currency for many years, I know the places in Mona that 'match' with many books, writers and legend that talk about hidden gold but I stay in silence, I don't say anything, I don't try to impress anybody here.

At the end of our conversation in the MSN, I would stop to chat with him because the lots a "BS" he was telling me.If Mr. Chaggy found gold since the last time I met in the chat,...God bless him.

Talking about My friend,...he is Ramon Rodriguez, Mechanical engineer for 30 year in the Telephone co.
Ramos was hired by a wealthy family to find a chest full of Spanish gold and he found it inside the concrete stair.
I detected with him many time in Isla verde beach,and Ocean Park beach.He was a good man, good husband and god friend, however I never talk here in this forum about my experience and adventure that I lived with him detecting in Puerto Rico,..why? I don't like impress people.

I don't like to insult anybody in this forum, I don't like to be hard with anybody,I know some guys likes to post thread here to argue, but not me. I felt very uncomfortable and disappointed for the way that Mr. Chaggy wrote saying:

"I just want to advise with the right information"

What does he means with the "RIGHT INFORMATION"?, the everything that I posted heres is not true o false?
Again Chaggy,.........."Give me a break"

Sincerely
Amona

Brother why are you trying to throw dirt on me.....what did I said worng in our conversation.... I was sharing infomation with you when I told you the location of the 2 wrecks in Isla Verde....and you told me you knew the wreck....I never said I found cannon balls.....I said there are 2 anchors incrusted in the reef....

Well anyway I had no intention of offending you.....all I was doing is sharing my knowledge in an open forum....So what needed to be said has aleady beed said......I just gave some friendy advise for whom ever wants it.......Like I said before my intention was not to ruin this thread but to inform our members with FACTS....

as if buy a ferrari.... Aston Martin DB9 all the way...

Attachments

• 07-aston-martin-db9.jpg
    07-aston-martin-db9.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,595

mercinarie said:
as if buy a ferrari.... Aston Martin DB9 all the way...

Y'all are out in left field with this car thing. 1970 Challenger R/T with a 6-pack is the only way to roll. Of course, the only way for me to get one is to find a treasure cache first :'(

Attachments

• 1970challenger.jpg
    1970challenger.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,577

SCUBA Finder:
If, as you say, you'd like to "Someday Live on an Island" !
I had/have a friend who...
Built himself a "ferrocement" sailboat ...
(I still got , rust/cement, under my finger nails!)
MAN! There's a "tons" of "rebar" to tie togather!
But!
When/after, it was given and passed a few "shake downs" ..
He and his girl friend "Sailed off"
And Are now Living on an island, offshore of "Belize" !
SO!
It can be done!
He is into "Treasure Diving", along the reefs and doing quite well ! :o
Keeps asking me to drop by !
Which I really should do !
Care to go along! ????

You wont beable to EVER!, find a better source of "How To Do It" !

Bill, Ambergris Caye is my destination as well (island off Belize). I too have done well on the barrier reef around there, as well as half moon caye and lighthouse atoll. I'll be in Belize mid August (probably around the 20th). Not sure yet if I'll stay on Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker...when the details of the trip come together with my huntin' partner down there, I'll let you know. Maybe you could visit your friend the same week and we could all go hunting together?

Amona, Chagy is a good freind of mine, and is also a gentleman and a scholar! I figure he was trying to make sure I knew what he knows as well as what you stated. I would have done the same for him...and to me it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, it matters that he thinks enough of me/us to give more info to think about. I was only expecting isolated finds on your trip if I went, and I've wanted to visit PR for a long time, which is why I was considering your offer. He saw me talking of getting big boats down there to do some undersea searching, and his comment let me know that this wouldn't be a particularly good idea...for that I thank him.

I don't see where he was trying to make you sound wrong, he was trying to steer ME away from a bad idea of trying to do a large recovery from the ocean floor, which 90% of would have gone to PR govt leaving me in a bad situation. I don't think you should take it so personally when Chagy tries to enlighten a freind! Chagy is a damn good guy, and doesn't deserve anything but the same in return. You also know the area well, and I listen to your advice as well. Chagy goes to PR often also, so maybe I should come down with him, and we should all hunt together, then you will see what kind of guy he really is.

You yourself said "the most a Park Ranger can do is tell you to leave" so that right there tells me that it might not be "completely legal" to hunt in some of the areas you are talking about.

Jason

I were in Mona Island for four days, (August 2006). The vigilance is very poor. The rangers make their route at 10am once a day, in their jeep. They don't stop to check any cave or any place. This means, that is very easy to explore and take out something from the island. The island is like 6 miles by 6 miles, and maybe there are 2 or 4 rangers living in the west of the island. I think this is a good opportunity to make a TH team.

Amona, I Will join you!!!

SimonLake

Who are you talking about? Ramon Rodriguez?

Saint.

I found the guy who has boat and GPR for the expedition. He is very interested.He has a 34' boat in Puerto rico so
we are almost complete the team. I call you later

Amona

Hi People

When you like to Metal detecting in Puerto rico and its small island including Mona Island you should have in consideration couple things:

1. Puerto Rico is a US territory but the puerto rican manage theirs own laws not to the US way would manage because they have difference mentality and culture of point of view.
2. When you go for treasure hunting in Mona Island you have to have in consideration four(4) laws to be observed:

a. The law #292 "Cave protection" (before in 1989 #111)
www.lexjuris.com/LEXLEX/Ley1999/lex99292.htm

b. The law #112 "Protection of patrimony" www.lexjuris.com/lexlex/Leyes2002/lexl2002222.htm
According with this law the definition of patrimony is not applicable for the meanings of a 'buried
treasure, cache or money lost underground rather than relics. Quote:

“todo sitio, objeto, yacimiento, artefacto, documento o material arqueológico que sea reliquia del pasado del hombre, ya sea material de la naturaleza, o ya sea construido por el hombre, que exista o se encuentre en o bajo la superficie de la tierra, en la jurisdicción del Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico”

c. Other laws regarding the Federal fauna-sea turtle protections

d. Shipwrecks: "DON'T TOUCH IT IF YOU DON'T WANT GET TROUBLE" The people who manage the shipwwrecks in Puerto Rico and its regulations is the Institute of culture of Puerto Rico (Instituto de Cultura Puertorriqueño, San juan, Puerto Rico) They have a web site to visit: http://www.icp.gobierno.pr/icp/consejoarqueologico1.htm

Other than that, "If you're a US citizen you can do whatever you want"

Hi Amona ,, Yes Ramon Rodriques, I am a friend of his from NYC,, If your in touch with him ,,Tell him i will be in San Juan Jan 15th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simonlakesub.............

SimonLakeSub

I don't know about Ramon since 1998. The last time I knew something was when I called to the PR telephone company where he is retired and somebody told me he moved already to Florida, but I don't know exactly where in Florida. He was great Treasure Hunting in Puerto Rico,I learned from him. He gave me the coordinate where "supposedly there is buried the cache of one of the richest family in Sabana grande into theirs farm. I'm trying to get the permission and contract.

Send me a PM and I can call you.

Amona

ole.Grubstake

I also write for various Treasure magazines and have been doing so for years

I would be quite interested to write an article for some Magazine about My expedition in the Caribbean.It's could be cool!!

Let me know you can help to publish it.

Amona

Thanks to all here

Finally I got the crew for this expedition.

Thanks again ;)

Amona

Amona, please keep us posted!! Good luck and Happy Hunting!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back