Trs hunter wanted for Caribbean Expedition

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Tr's hunter wanted for Caribbean Expedition

Hi

I'm looking for a Treasure H. partner for a future expedition in Puerto rico and eventually Mona Island. He or 'she' must to be responsible for his or hers expenses included fly ticket, boat trip, food, water, etc.

e.i. * Fly ticket from US to Puerto Rico- $200(Florida)-$400. Round Trip.
* Trip in boat from Puerto rico to Mona Island-$1,500. or less
* Food, water, equipment, etc,.$$$ ???

If you're ready to split the expenses of the boat, food, water to 50% each,...send me a PM. The days to spend in expedition, we have to coordinate. I have my vacation ready to be used and the boat's capitan ready.

Good luck

Amona

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Re: Tr's hunter wanted for Caribbean Expedition

Amona said:
I'm looking for a Treasure H. partner for a future expedition in Puerto rico and eventually Mona Island. He or 'she' must to be responsible for his or hers expenses included fly ticket, boat trip, food, water, etc.

Are you sure it's legal to treasure hunt there? The island has been under government control, specifically the Department of National Resources, for decades. They also limit the number of people allowed on the island at any one time.

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

MiddenMonster said:

Are you sure it's legal to treasure hunt there? The island has been under government control, specifically the Department of National Resources, for decades. They also limit the number of people allowed on the island at any one time

I has been going to Mona Island since 1987 and it isn't illegal metal detecting in any part of Mona island and Puerto rico only in Archaeological area or National Park (El Morro). I was born there-Puerto rico, I grew there and I know my country very well.If you're 'Puerto rican or 'New yorican" you should know this fact that "We", the Puerto rican are not "strictly rude" with this hobby, only we preserve our culture and Taino's heritage pride.

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?

note: Only I like to find a partner, not argue with people in this forum
************************************************************************************
Sailrunner

Beach hunting, water hunting, explore caves used by pirates and take pics, more,....

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Amona,

I might be interested, what dates are you looking at? Also, I know much of the history of Mona Island, but is there something in particular that you have researched and are going after, or is this more of an exploration hunt? There is definitely plenty to go after out there, and one spot in particular that I would like to dive on and have a closer look at.

Were you looking at the boat for transportation only, or were you looking for a dig boat to remove some overburden. I may know a boat that we can get onsite for a split of the finds...IF we have done our homework first, and have a valid target to go after. No shortage of them, but I don't exactly have GPS coords for any of them either.

If you are freinds with people down there, could you talk to the local fishermen, lobster hunters, and beach combers? They usually know every wreck in the water, and whether or not anything interesting has ever washed up on shore. As you can see, I'm more interested in the water hunting, but I'd love to explore the caves, and will always beach hunt given the chance. I have a pretty extensive library too, so I'll do a little reading and see what I can come up with.

Jason

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

Jason

I could say that in Mona there is many chances to find something 'big'. I has been researching since 1987 books, archives, library of Congress,etc. I has seen many caves with tainos's painting on the walls, today's graffiti and "some old scription carved on rock with numbers, coiled snake and heart indicating a clue. That specific number I found it in a book as a"treasure sign". I have a plan to perform a search.

The use of any Metal detector is not illegal in Puerto Rico,including Mona Island 'but' it isn't allowed to use it in archaeological sites, in Mona there is a dozen of those sites including caves.

I know fishermen with boat that can take us to Mona island. The issue is $1,500.fee

For more inf. send me a PM

Thanks
Amona

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

That's cool that you found a carved sign. You never gave me your timeframe though...I have several trips planned this coming year, so between scheduling and financing I probably wouldn't be able to swing it anytime soon. If you are looking to go now, keep looking, if it's later next summer, then I might be up for it. Good luck no matter what happens...I'm more at home under water anyway.

Jason

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

Scuba finder

I will be able to go there after May-2007 because the wild-pig hunting season finish at the end of May, otherwise, Park ranger don't let you hike the island, only stay on the beach. Please send a PM for more detail. I'm interested.

Amona

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Amona:
Lots of LUCK Guy!
I have been trying for years to get "partners" in treasure Ventures right here in the "States" !
My sites will cost them (sharing) a "ton" less than anything off shore(s)!
Basically, Some Effort, Time, food, and gasoline!
I can also PROVE one of the LARGEST Treasures in the U.S. !
I can prove this treasure with [glow=red,2,300] Official U.S. Documents[/glow]
(These documents are right now! Sitting, in an archive in Washington, DC!)
It IS! Huge !
ASK me how many really, interested parties ( Not! The "tire thumpers") I have heard from ??
Not trying to discourage you, just being "Factual" !

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

That is indeed a true fact Capt. Bill. As I recall, I "thumped your tires" once a while back. :D You started talking about drug runners, illegal immigrants, gun fights, etc. and somehow in my mind, the price went up from food and gas to possibly my LIFE! Your adventures sound great, and I'd love to read the story when someone does go with you...but I'd much rather contend with Sharks than drug runners with guns. That's just me though. I recently flew to Florida to go on a hunt with some TNET members, so I'm the type of guy who WILL actually show up if I say I will. My future plans are to live on an island somewhere, and I want to see the entire Carribean before I make up my mind. Since I haven't yet been to Puerto Rico, it interests me...just not sure if my logistics will coincide with Amona's, but i hope so!

Jason

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Since I am out for months at a time on these trips!
(For reference, In my library, I have information on about 5000 Treasures!)
So! Naturally,
I have more than just one site that I am interested in ..
AND!
That have been, fully researched.
The site you are referring to, is just one of several treasure sites, that I am going to investigate!
So!
If that is your only concern, I'll be doing other sites thruout the year!
I have one, that is/will, probably going to be, the first stop on this trip,
It's in NM., on top of The Caballo Mnts .
Reachable by a "hairy", 4x4 road.
That climbs up the side, to the top!
Several thousand feet up!
It is a cave, or, as, I am hoping, an extensive cavern system!
It should drop down into the vast, interior of the mnt!
Where, legends have, there is a large Spanish storage area.
So!
I can guarantee, No Drug Smugglers there!
Just a "few tons" of Spanish Treasure!
Interested ?

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA

Amona said:
DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?

note: Only I like to find a partner, not argue with people in this forum

Yes, you answered my question. I wasn't trying to argue with you. It's just that when government agencies are involved with overseeing something it's best to be very cautious before jumping in too far. It would be bad enough to spend time in a Texas jail. I'd sure hate to do time in a Puerto Rican jail, only to be transferred to a federal prison.

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

MiddenMonster

Yes, you answered my question. I wasn't trying to argue with you. It's just that when government agencies are involved with overseeing something it's best to be very cautious before jumping in too far. It would be bad enough to spend time in a Texas jail. I'd sure hate to do time in a Puerto Rican jail, only to be transferred to a federal prison.

I understand your point of view but in Puerto Rico, nobody goes to the jail just to be seen using a MD in a Public site or even, a place like Mona island. The most you can get from a Park Ranger tell you:

"you can't detect here, take all your stuff and get out here!!"

I tell you more,...I remember many years ago I came from the beach detecting and when I got in my house I saw two cops in front my house arresting 2 guys, and when the cops saw me with the MD, THE COPS STOP ARREST THE GUYS, AND THEY CAME TO ME JUST TO ASK ME; WHAT DID YOU FIND?,...can you believe that? :o

Amona

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Amona said:
Scuba finder

I will be able to go there after May-2007 because the wild-pig hunting season finish at the end of May, otherwise, Park ranger don't let you hike the island, only stay on the beach. Please send a PM for more detail. I'm interested.

Amona
Hello Amona. The same long haired wild pigs are living in SW Florida swamps. They are descendants of Ponce De Leons and De Sotos Spanish pigs that escaped...a tough breed. The Spanish conquistadors left pigs on many islands. I have some loinstrap in my freezer. ;D I was always curious about MDing in San Juan. You say it is legal? Sounds cool. 8) I have some old maps of San Juan.

Cptbil, If you need a partner when you come to Florida to search your HUGE treasure, let me know.

Attachments

• big red.jpg
    big red.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,760
OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

bigcypresshunter

I was always curious about MDing in San Juan

I was detecting for many years in SJ, Puerto rico in almost all beaches around the city and I found hundred of currency.Very close of Old San Juan, right in the ocean front there is an old spanish fort, there I found old military botton, Maravedis, bullets, etc., from the era of the Spaniard.

My point of view, Puerto Rico is a paradise for treasure hunting because still today you can find old items of the past freely without 'nasty' Government regulations.

If you like to detect there, send me a PM.

Regard

Amona

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

With all due respect, I will contribute my 2 cents to this thread......Its not my intention to burst anyones bubble or to ruin this thread.....but some of the people replying to this call are really good friends of mine.......I lived in Puerto Rico for 25 years and I know some of the best THtrs in the island.......In fact I know the team that found the "Santa Maria de Jesus" in the late 70s shipwreck from the 1500s at the time it was the oldest shipwreck found in the Hemisphere.........
The reason why the "Santa Maria de Jesus" is still at the bottom of the the sea, is because of the salvage laws in P.R. 10% to the ones who finds treasure and 90% to the P.R. government.........The law has not change until this day.........P.R. is full of history and shipwrecks and many of these shipwrecks have been located through the years....in the last 30 some years no one has claimed any of these findings for the obvious reasons.

Mona Island is a protected national park guarded by park rangers.......

Using a MD might not be illegal and probably no one will care if you make a small finding......BUT if you make a significant find and you take it with out the proper permits to recover.......it would be considered stealing and taking it out of the island would be considered smuggling for both offenses you may end up in "Oso Blanco" one of the finest Puertorican jail........

Like I said before its not my intention to burst anyones bubble or to ruin this thread.......... I just want to advise with the right information anyone who wants to joint this venture, so that they are fully aware of what they are getting into before spending time and $$$$$

Best of the Season,

Chagy...........

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

Chagy

Mona Island is a protected national park guarded by park rangers

Mona Island "is not" a National park, it is reserve belong to Puerto Rico Government and Dept.Natural Reserve (Dept. de Recursos Naturales y Ambientales,.. When you check this link you can read the next:

"La Isla de Mona es una de nuestras reservas naturales con mayor belleza escénica y con un incalculable valor ecológico. Este pequeño "Santuario Natural" de unas 14,043 cuerdas se le conoce como Mona, deriva su nombre del vocablo Arauco Amona en honor a un cacique de esa tribu."

http://www.gobierno.pr/DRNA/ReservasNaturales/Islas/IslaMona/Isla_Mona_I.htm

2. About the Santa Maria, when you partners does like Mel fisher did with the Atocha,then your partners could receive the proper "credit".

3. Thanks for you advice, but when you find "small find first" maybe you can be ready to find "the big one" and maybe advice others,....can you read me?

I lived in Puerto Rico for 25 years and I know some of the best THtrs in the island.......

EXCUSE ME,.......................!!

4.Nobody care who you know.Go to the advice #3.

Amona

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Here is picture of Chagy making "small finds." :)

Attachments

• chagy.jpg
    chagy.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,701
OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used

bigcypresshunter
Here is picture of Chagy making "small finds."

ok Bigcypresshunter

If that is your position, cool! tonight I will post my small finds too here. agree?

Amona

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread