Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dad had been complaining about telemarketer calls and a few years ago he kept getting them repeatedly from a major stockbroker corporation. One day he got a call from a young stockbroker calling from New York. When Dad saw who was on the caller ID he decided to mess with the guy a bit,picked up the phone and heard that the guy was calling from NY. Dad hollered " New York Cittty?!!! ( just like the Pace salsa commercials) Welll GODDAMN! " " Jean this here feller is calling all the way from Neww York Cittty!" He proceeded to act like a country bumpkin and when the guy asked him if he had any stocks Dad said " Naw,we use to have stock but they got out of the pen and started eatin' the neighbors flowers" You could have heard a pin drop.:laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Loan company called my late employer. Little Chinese girl with very thick accent, evidently reading from a script, asked how much money he wanted to borrow.

Now Don kinda resembled Andy Griffith, and did a pretty good immitation of his talk.

Don said in a very loud Andy Griffith like voice: "Borrow some money? Sure you can borrow some money. How much do you need?"

She began to read her script again.

"No, we have too much money. I need to get rid of some, how much do you need to borrow?"

Really shook up she tried one more time. Once more he let loose: "How about a hundred thousand? Is that enough? Would you like some more?"

By this time, he's got his hand over the phone's mic laughing with tears rolling down his face. The poor girl must have been terrified.

She told him she was calling to loan him money one last time. "No, I don't need any money. I have too much of it already. Would you like to borrow some money?" Click.

Needless to say, nothing got done the rest of the afternoon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think my dad and Don could double team them and end telemarketing calls forever,lol!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When my stepfather passed away I was the executor, in his house sorting through things, cleaning up, and just doing a lot of remembering. My stepfather was a good man who accepted me as a son.

His phone rang, and the person on the other end asked for him by name. And I responded that he had just passed away.

No lull or anything, he just continued with his spiel, and wanting to talk to my stepfather. It went on and on for a few minute with me repeating that he had passed away.

Finally the guy asked when a good time to call him was.

And I responded "when he rises from the grave arsehole".

Click.....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's one of favorite telemarketing videos. Some of you may have run across this before. It does get fairly adultish at the end ......

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting