Trying to decide e-trac, Deus, F75 ltd.

dan1942

Greenie
Oct 26, 2009
I am in the market for a new MD. I use to own a Minelab Safari and was very happy with it. I was ready to get the e-trac but I keep hearing about the deus and I also heard good things about the F75 LTD. I live in the south east on the beach (South Carolina). I will be using it for both beach and dry land hunting. I prefer looking for relics and coins but being on the beach I will be spending some time on the beach.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
Dan

If I lived on the beach and already had a Safari I would look primarily at an Excaliber. The stock shaft is no good for anything other than water detecting in my opinion. Put it on a straight shaft with rear mount or hip mount and its a much better setup. You wouldn't have to worry about dunking it like you would an Etrac. I'm not familiar with the Deus or F75 so I'm not qualified to make any comments as far as they're concerned.

Last edited:
I am in the market for a new MD. I use to own a Minelab Safari and was very happy with it. I was ready to get the e-trac but I keep hearing about the deus and I also heard good things about the F75 LTD. I live in the south east on the beach (South Carolina). I will be using it for both beach and dry land hunting. I prefer looking for relics and coins but being on the beach I will be spending some time on the beach.
Dan

Deus hands down!

Dan

Hi Dan!

If your looking to hunt around saltwater you will want to look at the multifrequency machines like the Minelab E-Trac, Minelab CTX 3030 or Excalibur II. Single frequency machines just don't do as well handling all the salt and minerals.

Holler if you have questions. Love to help you!

My vote deus again.theres just nothing like it

I own a deus and I hunt the beach too.

I'll say this - deus is super on the dry sand, chattery on the wet but still can be managed once you understand how to listen beyond the noise.
But that's as far as it'll go. I've not had success in the salt water even with the antenna mod. Still trying to get the right settings though... Maybe it'll still work one day... I'm crossing my fingers but I'm considering a dedicated salt water machine to compliment my deus.

If you're doing freshwater, it should suffice

I own a deus and I hunt the beach too.

I'll say this - deus is super on the dry sand, chattery on the wet but still can be managed once you understand how to listen beyond the noise.
But that's as far as it'll go. I've not had success in the salt water even with the antenna mod. Still trying to get the right settings though... Maybe it'll still work one day... I'm crossing my fingers but I'm considering a dedicated salt water machine to compliment my deus.

If you're doing freshwater, it should suffice

Have you tried any other configured programs? I have been doing good on Lake Erie , of course I don't have to worry about the salt,but I have read somewhere where a deus owner was doing good on the east coast beaches

Have you tried any other configured programs? I have been doing good on Lake Erie , of course I don't have to worry about the salt,but I have read somewhere where a deus owner was doing good on the east coast beaches

I've tried quite a few. Including some tips from Andy. But my sand here is trashy and contains black sand further out. It's really tough grounds here... Just didn't work for me here - the deus.

I've tried quite a few. Including some tips from Andy. But my sand here is trashy and contains black sand further out. It's really tough grounds here... Just didn't work for me here - the deus.

The CTX or E will handle with that with ease.

Thanks for the help everyone! I think I am going to save up and hold out and just get the CTX 3030 as it seems to be a good all around machine. I might have to give a call to some of the sponsors to get some pricing.

I agree. Unfortunate truth for others.

Not to be mistaken though, I did manage to get some really good targets out from the wet sand (black or not). In fact, the 3 gold rings I've gotten so far were all from the wet. (To be fair, I only did in-water twice out of 17 hunts here)

Thanks for the help everyone! I think I am going to save up and hold out and just get the CTX 3030 as it seems to be a good all around machine. I might have to give a call to some of the sponsors to get some pricing.

I feel like testing Excalibur and CTX 3030 out here too. But I just have this nagging feeling that I'll just turn back to deus.... Just a gut feel...

Hello guys! I have both machines, the DEUS and the E-Trac. The E-Track is very solidly build and deep detector, but the DEUS has too many advantages - light, much more faster then the e-trac, can be updated, many factory programs with different purposes. You can check my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfckIpI9GcPj_9t9M2WpUFA

My vote is for DEUS !!!

My votes has to go to the deus as well

Today tested the e-trac and the DEUS with a tiny 0.2 grams 7x3 mm gold nugget. The e-trac seems completely useless for gold prospecting. It can detect that nugget at 0.5 inch, but the DEUS can detect it easily at 4 inches. I am impressed how sensitive is the DEUS!!!

Last edited:
Today tested the e-trac and the DEUS with a tiny 0.2 grams 7x3 mm gold nugget. The e-trac seems completely useless for gold prospecting. It can detect that nugget at 0.5 inch, but the DEUS can detect it easily at 4 inches. I am impressed how sensitive is the DEUS!!!
Tested with equivalent coils? Size does make a difference.

Anyone prospecting with any fbs detector is going to be disappointed. But if like op there going to be relic, coin, and beach hunting the'll have a great relic and coin detector that is also one of the best wet salt water sand detectors. You guys have to admit the etrac or 3030 will do better in the wet salt sand.

Agree! The FBS technology is the best induction balance technology for beach hunting. This is my video for the DEUS and the gold nugget:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back