Two firsts for me ~ $10 GOLD COIN & BARBER HALF! WOOHOO!!!!

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Re: Two firsts for me ~ $10 GOLD COIN & BARBER HALF! WOOHOO!!!!

There's nothin wrong with sleeping with gold :tongue3:

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device

Awesome gold coin find! That is a dream coin. Not many of us have or will ever find one of them! :wav:

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's great. You sure have two great coins, there. Fine job.

Col.Philo95thNY

Jul 27, 2007
Ocala, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLab Explorer I & II, SE Pro, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher 6a, Bounty Hunter LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way it is sometimes... You hit a spot with some nice finds, in this case, some awesome finds, and the rest of the area...zero, but you were fortunate enough to dig two very nice finds.... WTG. The same happen to me when I dug my first gold coin, a 1911 21/2 dollar Indian Head, nor far from the gold coin, funny... a Barber Quarter, Dime, two early Mrecs, an Indian Cent. After that in the whole aera around that tree... nothing... HH.

The Colonel

My son & I received permission to detect around a 1904 house in the small town of Dorena Oregon today. After only digging a couple targets I dug a 1868 $10 Gold coin! Then just inches away in the same hole I found a 1912-S Barber Half dollar. But then we detected for three more hours and didn't find anything else old.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Col.Philo95thNY said:
That's the way it is sometimes... You hit a spot with some nice finds, in this case, some awesome finds, and the rest of the area...zero, but you were fortunate enough to dig two very nice finds.... WTG. The same happen to me when I dug my first gold coin, a 1911 21/2 dollar Indian Head, nor far from the gold coin, funny... a Barber Quarter, Dime, two early Mrecs, an Indian Cent. After that in the whole aera around that tree... nothing... HH.

The Colonel

Thats awesome!
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet. . -rOymonster

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
I have not been on the site for a few months and there you are with a banner find. My congrats to you on those finds! Go Ducks and Beavs!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still waiting for that day!!! But nice to see those coins are still out there!! Great job.

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stunning! I can't wait to hit gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread