What's new

Uh oh...

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
The teller started to snicker as I was leaving a bank today with $220 in customer rolled halves.

I could just see it in her eyes. I had that feeling that she had searched them all and was glad to see them go. She could barely contain her glee. It was actually quite funny and I was chuckling all the way to my car as I knew what was up and that I should have recognized her enthusiasm to get rid of those halves..but you never now...but...yup, all searched. Every roll had all the coins facing in the same direction, heads up and date searched. I guess I know what this bank is now.... :icon_thumright: a new dump bank. It really was kinda funny but not something I want to see very often. :o

You ever have a teller have that "ha ha" snicker and look?

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Yep, been there and done that. Makes me feel like customer service is a thing of the past. I really get that alot. My thinking is that I am a "female" so I may get it more than you guys as the majority of tellers are female.

I have found that only the mature older tellers like me. The one's 40 and younger tolerate me . . . so that is why I tend to call in advance. Not sure why that is a problem . . . I am always very nice and friendly. Sometimes, no matter what, the younger one's just don't like me for some reason.

apush :read2:
 
maine_Jim said:
You ever have a teller have that "ha ha" snicker and look?

Yes, every time i walk in the bank and ask for a ridiculous sum of coins :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
No not that look! This was the "ha ha ha ha" you ain't gonna find a thing in those cause there all sitting in my pocket look. That cat with the canary in her mouth look! The hand in the cookie jar look. The "you pain in the butt" CRH look, I got you today look! :D

Wait a minute...your right, that is the look I see everyday at at least one bank! :tongue3:

Maine_Jim
 
Had that happen to me a couple times, usually at a strange bank, and if they snicker and remark in advance, I usually will balk and walk away empty handed....ffd
 
maine_Jim said:
The teller started to snicker as I was leaving a bank today with $220 in customer rolled halves.

I could just see it in her eyes. I had that feeling that she had searched them all and was glad to see them go. She could barely contain her glee. It was actually quite funny and I was chuckling all the way to my car as I knew what was up and that I should have recognized her enthusiasm to get rid of those halves..but you never now...but...yup, all searched. Every roll had all the coins facing in the same direction, heads up and date searched. I guess I know what this bank is now.... :icon_thumright: a new dump bank. It really was kinda funny but not something I want to see very often. :o

You ever have a teller have that "ha ha" snicker and look?

Maine_Jim

Jim,
I've seen that look one too may times ! One incident that stands out is when the teller told me she had a bunch of old silver halves, and after selling them to me gave me "the look", in an evil, and twisted sort of a way.
Although road trips can be very lucrative, "the look", lies, and rudeness I've encountered, completely turned me off from going on them anymore. I'd only hit maybe one or two banks per trip with miserable tellers, but that was enough for me.
HH
Rich
 
apush said:
Sometimes, no matter what, the younger one's just don't like me for some reason.
Could you have sent them to the principal's office when you had them in 2nd grade? ;D
 
Cyberdan,
Yep, probably so! LOL. You just never know. Dang the luck. Tellers that I sent to Alternative School.

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Let's see them snicker when I bring in 2k a week for a few months to deposit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom