What's new

undecided (need help with this guys)

natch.

Banned
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
81
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I found this a few mo.s back.
when I first found it. I was sure it was a boat stone
but after a wile, I am not so sure anymore.
it seams a bit heavy at 4.6 oz.
and most boat stones , I seen have 2 tie downs .
one at each end. never seen one made like this.
it was found near a big spring.
now if its not a boat stone what is it?
thanks
natchitoches
MVC-102S_zps131241e6.jpg

MVC-101S_zpsb8a52153.jpg

MVC-100S_zps5633832c.jpg

MVC-097S_zps913128c4.jpg

MVC-096S_zpscb411af1.jpg

MVC-094S_zps5627ca49.jpg

MVC-093S_zps7c24fdd6.jpg
 
Upvote 0
The cut does not look to have the same patina as the rest of the stone. You think maybe the stone is natural and they started a groove in it ?

it very well could be, just not sure about this one.
it looks like p. wood,but I think it is just layer stone.
inside the cut dose have a white look to it.
but it looks old to me. just odd.
just not sure about it, I like it
and it fells good in the hand.
 
Yeah I have one in my cabinet like that. I swear it is something but what I have no idea ...... I read this by another member earlier tonight. I really liked it.... "I wish it could hear me, and tell me what exactly it is!"
 
Last edited:
updated with pic.s of inside of the cut
I think what we saw in the other picture is the light shining off the inside
the whole item is very shining,black with red tints in places
MVC-106S_zpsb127aa86.jpg

MVC-108S_zps1f460ebb.jpg

MVC-111S_zpse46501d9.jpg

MVC-110S_zps56a46dab.jpg

MVC-112S_zpsec3e402c.jpg

MVC-109S_zpsef3392a0.jpg
 
You are right the patina is there. I still have no idea why they were grooving it. Have you had it under a microscope to see any polish marks?
 
no, i need to get one that work with my pc.
in the next to last pic. you can see where as thay was comeing over the top.
with there flint blade that it slip,and left a fant mark on both sides of the grove.
 
Last edited:
it is polish inside the grove.and i woulds say all over.
but most my artifacts are found in deep sand(sugar sand)
 
i read not long ago that most all atlatl weight are about 3.5oz give or take a few o.1 points of a oz.
which this one is 4.6oz to big for the norman atlatl weight .
less this was just a huge indian. it would not fit.??
 
good night guys talk with you tomorrow.
 
nice to hear you talk about HH'ing Natch

i think net weight......maybe?
 
if grim reaper says he thinks its a Bar Atl-Atl Weight
thats good for me.he it right about 99.8% of the time.
and knows more than me thats for sure
 
here you go rock
MVC-113S_zpsd4cee440.jpg

MVC-137S_zps8e759e2b.jpg

MVC-076S_zps04b2d668.jpg

these are going to mr. larson and mr. T Witko
larson picks and stuff
7541_zpsea295f0e.jpg

7541a_zps3237b528.jpg

T2eC16VkE9s4FsBRBLh3tIw60_57_zpsf630ec39.jpg

MVC-116S_zps4020ebcf.jpg

MVC-118S_zps9bd4109f.jpg
 
Last edited:
that is some nice work you do on the cabichons natch
nice to see you back here
excited for us to get the picks
 
natch. said:
if grim reaper says he thinks its a Bar Atl-Atl Weight
thats good for me.he it right about 99.8% of the time.
and knows more than me thats for sure

I like that. .8 .9 is too close to perfection. Lol
 
Thats a nice collection you have. I like rocks and artifacts. 8-)
 
I want to see them sit down and do a jam for artifacts with those pics and post er up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom