What's new

Unexpected windfall due to heightend sense of hearing.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
So I stopped in at my Bank (that I'm loyal too) where I do my normal banking, and while filling out the deposit slip I hear the distinct sound of silver coins hitting the counter. I spin around, and since there were no other clients in the bank, announce I'll take those and rushed up to the teller window. The teller is a little surprised at my rush and I catch her a little off guard. She was new too me but the other teller knows me all to well. and rolls her eyes. ::)
I said I'll buy those, and she's like well :-\ I uh and says uh allright :'( but but hm mm. and says some of these are silver ...... :o I said that's OK I'll take them anyway.
She than says but there's $10.50 here and I just gave the guy $10, so what should I do to the other teller? I said I'll give you $10.50... But my drawer will be off and the other teller says well if you had not opened the roll you would not have known and since there is no acct # on that roll I guess you should just charge him $10

She had already put the extra half aside before I rushed her.

So she reluctantly counts out the coins to me and then slides the extra Half out from behind the divider and shrugs. oh well. I guess it's your lucky day. The one she tried to keep was a 1935

Keep those eyes and Ears open Hunters. Yee haw

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • lucky roll.webp
    lucky roll.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Loyal ;D I guess I would be to!

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

What else did he cash in? Nice! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

wow :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Now that is some good hearing you have! and I bet that teller will learn to be a little bit quieter when you are in the bank! HH!

Chuck.
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

:thumbsup:
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

good find Mojo :thumbsup: just like Pavlov's dog ;D
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

That's only $4.50 wheres the rest of them? ;D
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Wish I could hear like that, I'm lucky if I can hear a rattle snake at my feet.
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Congrats, you bullied a minimum wage teller out of 9 silver coins. I bet all the tellers there wish they had more loyal customers like you.
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Nice job...multiple Walkers.

OWS
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Cool score and nice "CC" Pun. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

bula said:
Wish I could hear like that, I'm lucky if I can hear a rattle snake at my feet.

Oh, you're going to hear THAT all right!!
- Grizz
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

XX said:
Congrats, you bullied a minimum wage teller out of 9 silver coins. I bet all the tellers there wish they had more loyal customers like you.

As Charles Bronson said, "Hey, hey........why so tense???""
- Grizz
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Great snag!

Things like that show that if we pay attention we get more than if we don't. Good job. I applaud you.

"It seems the harder I work, the luckier I get"
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

Nice silver.


P.S. It should be "sense" of hearing, not "sence".

I know from some of your past posts you are quite a stickler for proper spelling, so I thought I should point that out.

Jim
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

obediah said:
That's only $4.50 wheres the rest of them? ;D

Did not bother to show the clad.

jim4silver said:
Nice silver.
P.S. It should be "sense" of hearing, not "sence".
I know from some of your past posts you are quite a stickler for proper spelling, so I thought I should point that out.
Jim

Thanks I fixed it.

XX said:
Congrats, you bullied a minimum wage teller out of 9 silver coins. I bet all the tellers there wish they had more loyal customers like you.

Bullied? I caught her off guard. I did not make her sell me the coins ... Simply requested, and the other teller shamed her. It was her Conscience that guided her ....

Mojo
 
Re: Unexpected windfall due to heightend sence of hearing.

jim4silver said:
Nice silver.


P.S. It should be "sense" of hearing, not "sence".

I know from some of your past posts you are quite a stickler for proper spelling, so I thought I should point that out.

Jim
May I join spelling class? It's "heightened" not heightend. Sorry Mojo, that one bugged me.....but nice score all the same! ffd
 
May I join spelling class? It's "heightened" not heightend. Sorry Mojo, that one bugged me.....but nice score all the same! ffd
i know you are right in the spelling but how come the " i before e " rule does not apply here? :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom