catherine1 Bronze Member Joined Jun 25, 2010 Messages 1,817 Reaction score 1,080 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 13, 2013 #1 I found this at my dig site. Also found another/similar. What do you guys think? It was found a few inches deeper than I usually dig. Attachments wild w 209.webp 210.6 KB · Views: 221 wild w 211.webp 212.9 KB · Views: 177 wild w 210.webp 125.4 KB · Views: 251 Upvote 0
I found this at my dig site. Also found another/similar. What do you guys think? It was found a few inches deeper than I usually dig.
catherine1 Bronze Member Joined Jun 25, 2010 Messages 1,817 Reaction score 1,080 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 13, 2013 Thread Owner #2 Forgot to mention the flake strike marks as pictured in the first pic..blow it up and you will see them. Looks like six or seven strikes. Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
Forgot to mention the flake strike marks as pictured in the first pic..blow it up and you will see them. Looks like six or seven strikes.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 14, 2013 #3 Looks like a Hafted end scraper.
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 14, 2013 #4 I agree with Gator. From what I am learning many of those tools like that were put on handles. I am trying to figure out the handles now. Nice dig find by the way.
I agree with Gator. From what I am learning many of those tools like that were put on handles. I am trying to figure out the handles now. Nice dig find by the way.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 14, 2013 #5 Yes End Scraper. Thats my favorite type of scraper, good job
larson1951 Silver Member Joined Apr 8, 2009 Messages 4,974 Reaction score 3,894 Golden Thread 0 Location North Dakota Detector(s) used tesoro Primary Interest: Other Apr 14, 2013 #6 a nice example of a scraper a lot of these were larger and became smaller as the leading edge was re-sharpened
a nice example of a scraper a lot of these were larger and became smaller as the leading edge was re-sharpened
catherine1 Bronze Member Joined Jun 25, 2010 Messages 1,817 Reaction score 1,080 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 14, 2013 Thread Owner #7 Thanks guys. Your knowledge is appreciated. Have a great day!
G Gold Maven Bronze Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 2,364 Reaction score 2,231 Golden Thread 0 Location Holmes County Ohio Detector(s) used Tesoro Lobo Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 14, 2013 #8 I love those end scrapers, so easily over looked.