What's new

Unknown skull

  • Thread starter Thread starter BIG61AL
  • Start date Start date
B

BIG61AL

Guest
Found this cool looking skull today. It's a little larger than my fist. Any one got any guesses to what animal is. I already ruled out house cat. The fangs look too big
 

Attachments

  • skull 001.webp
    skull 001.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,487
  • skull 002.webp
    skull 002.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 873
  • skull 003.webp
    skull 003.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • skull 004.webp
    skull 004.webp
    11 KB · Views: 915
  • skull 005.webp
    skull 005.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,211
Here is a pic of a full grown cat skull, a kitten skull, and a bobcat skull. The two pics are of house cat the third is the kitten both showing the little teeth and the last is a bobcat skull without the little tooth. Hopefully this helps.
 

Attachments

  • DSCI0015.webp
    DSCI0015.webp
    15 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCI0016.webp
    DSCI0016.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCI0017.webp
    DSCI0017.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 404
  • bobcat.webp
    bobcat.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0
Yes, I see the Bobcat is missing the little tooth between the fang and molars. :icon_study: It is hard to see in his pics though. :icon_scratch: But you are the more experienced so I believe you. Its a House Cat. :) :thumbsup: House cats got some fangs now and are perfect little predators. Great ID and heads up on the extra tooth.

Do you boil your skulls, bleach or just let the ants eat at 'em?
 
Upvote 0
I think its related to my ex-wife, she used to sharpen her teeth with a file. :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0
Actually it's a combination of things. If the skull is already bone just bleach or peroxide, if there is still any meat on them they go in with dermested beetle's and then into bleach or peroxide. I use bleach with bigger and thicker skulls and peroxide for small fragile skulls. The peroxide is less harmfull to the skulls with the bleach you have to becarefull it could disintegrate the skull and make it fall into lots of pieces.
 
Upvote 0
I Found it in a park nearby my house. I was in the more remote part with very little people traffic. lots of dead trees and over grown brush. no tags were found.
 
Upvote 0
looks like the skull of my ex's lawyer.... I can tell because the teeth match a pattern on my keester.... ;D ;D ;D

PLL
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom