What's new

Utensil "Makers Mark" ID needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Utensil "Makers Mark" ID needed

Just trying to date a site. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. If you notice, The hallmarks, There appears to be what looks like an Eagle, cross and a star. And what ever the first one is. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00043.webp
    DSC00043.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00044.webp
    DSC00044.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 278
Re: Utensil Halmark ID needed

Technically not a hallmark:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallmark

It would need to be made of a precious metal & it looks copper-alloy to me. I guess it may have been silver plated at one time & the markers marks were trying to somewhat fool people. Or it wasn't plated & its a registered makers mark which I have to clue on how to search,,, sorry not much help really :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Utensil Halmark ID needed

CRUSADER said:
Technically not a hallmark:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallmark

It would need to be made of a precious metal & it looks copper-alloy to me. I guess it may have been silver plated at one time & the markers marks were trying to somewhat fool people. Or it wasn't plated & its a registered makers mark which I have to clue on how to search,,, sorry not much help really :dontknow:
I agree these 4 marks may mean nothing and might have been made to fool; to look like silver hallmarks. We have had several similar spoon marks posted and were unsuccessful with an ID. It would be cool to search them out and post them all together.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Utensil Halmark ID needed

I agree too that these are "fake" maker's marks.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Utensil "Makers Marks" ID needed

They resemble many different makers marks and the closest silverplate mark I found, where 2 of the marks are similar, is George Richmond Collis & Co, but I still think its a fake. http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate__Init_G.html
 
Upvote 0
Re: Utensil "Makers Marks" ID needed

Thanks Dale. Great link
bigcypresshunter said:
They resemble many different makers marks and the closest silverplate mark I found, where 2 of the marks are similar, is George Richmond Collins & Co, but I still think its a fake. http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate__Init_G.html
 
Upvote 0
Re: Utensil "Makers Marks" ID needed

4-H said:
Thanks Dale. Great link
bigcypresshunter said:
They resemble many different makers marks and the closest silverplate mark I found, where 2 of the marks are similar, is George Richmond Collis & Co, but I still think its a fake. http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate__Init_G.html
They have a forum with more experience than us with silverplate marks. Click on bottom of page to join.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Utensil "Makers Marks" ID needed

bigcypresshunter said:
4-H said:
Thanks Dale. Great link
bigcypresshunter said:
They resemble many different makers marks and the closest silverplate mark I found, where 2 of the marks are similar, is George Richmond Collis & Co, but I still think its a fake. http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate__Init_G.html
They have a forum with more experience than us with silverplate marks. Click on bottom of page to join.
done! Thank you
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom