Sandman said:
NWMP said:
This is a very interesting topic for me. I am finishing my first season with my Tejon and feel much more in tune with it. VCO mode however is something that I haven't put much thought or effort into yet. If a relic is just out of reach or making the Tejon struggle, would VCO mode be an alternate method of detecting a very deep, and or small item? My thinking is that this mode may help me find the really deep stuff by revealing a tone waver, were a signal would not register. Is my thinking correct? Thanks.
No it would not make a wavering signal. The VCO is just another way for the detector to report the strongest signal when it is near the center of the coil.
Sorry buddy, I misspoke. To be honest I'm still unsure of all the Tejons potential, but getting closer. I'll try to explain again in my fumbling manner. I have the lower descrim in all metal, then click it back counter clock wise and get the steady VCO tone. My theory is that I can use the constant tone to go over deeper buried objects and find them through tone fluctuation. I hope that this makes sense.