What's new

Vero bch. FL. Oldest carving in U.S.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very interesting artifact made the local paper again today.
"Mammoth carving..on Mammoth bone" 20,000-23,000 yrs. Old?

ForumRunner_20130716_075652.webp



ForumRunner_20130716_075748.webp



090610-oldest-art-mammoth-picture_big.webp



earliest-american-art-mammoth-110622-676126-.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't read the article posted. It's a tad bit hard on my eyes. I see the animal like design but it took awhile before I could see it. Pretty cool. I'm going to look online for more info.
 
Last edited:
The Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville has a cast replica of it on display. It's pretty neat.
 
Thanks.. I will be in Gainesville in Sept. I will check that out...
Also.. if you can offer any inside info on a little creek or spot that might be interesting can you P.M. me?
I know I've seen some Megalodon teeth come from that area also.
 
We have a new member who I think we will all love to speak to about this great find...
hint..hint
 
The worst part was the wait Mr Gator, I knew the thing was real but I had to wait on 150 archaeologists among every other type of sientist from all 4 corners of our planet to say it was. it went threw every test and scan known to modern man and then some to make sure it was real and passed them all.the unbelievable part is the jealousy there have been so many poo talkers about my find that know nothing other than they just wish it was theirs, to them Iv one thing to say(CARMA IS A B***H) the funny thing is it sat under my sink for years in a box with a dozen other bone frags I found that day. a splash of water and just the right lighting was the only reason I noticed the engraving. those who only see the pictures don't realize how faint the engraving is. the awesome photographer at the Smithsonian is the reason its even noticeable same with the copy at gainsville that also was made by the people at the Smithsonian it had to be emphasized so it could be seen. now Im gona share something very very few other than scientists involved know, there is another carved bone I found that dwarfs the other. But Iv decided to handle this one myself I refuse to go threw that hell again. its for sale also and I don't care whos feelings it hurts. Scott Wolter is coming to my home on the 8th to film a show with me for history channel, you may know it its called America Unearthed after that Im selling this one to the highest bidder. I have a genuine love for history but I have a slightly greater love for piece of mind.
 
Thank you..and welcome to the site.
Can you imagine the amount of poo talkers there is going to be about you attempting a large monetary gain with a "better" piece after the first?
I am a skeptical person... and honestly would probably steer well away from that piece.
I mean that with all due respect and am in no way questioning your find.. just being frankly honest.
May I ask that you make Treasurenet the first public venue to see this piece by posting it here?
This is an extremely interesting and provocative discovery for anyone with interest in Florida as well as North American history.
Again.. welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing.
 
Last edited:
I can understand why you are upset. If the other carving is of great interest and age, I hope science has a chance to study it some day. Hate to see something really important for helping science understand the peopling of the Americas end up in a private collection with no gain for our understanding. At the same time, nobody should have to go through the hell you apparently went through.
 
Great score Kenndy:notworthy: and Welcome to Tnet and don't let anyone rain on your time in the sun:hello2:
 
how about showing it to us here?....i for one would love to see it...I remember reading about the mammoth carving on bone....tell us how it was authenticated in the end....and what was the moment you found it like?
 
I'd like to see it as well. I will be looking forward to watching the show when it airs. As far as the nay sayers, raise that middle finger god gave you to them! :icon_thumright:
 
Thank you all very much for your kind comments, We finished the filming today. I got a bunch of cool pics to show you as soon as I figure out how to get them on here. the show is going to air sometime around Christmas.
 
Can't wait to see the photos.... and the show.
Thanks for getting us into the loop.
Great stuff!
 
way way cool Kennedy
we welcome you to the tnet

larson1951
 
Awesome find!

Can't wait to see the other piece.

Thanks for posting, good luck with the sale.
 
Whatever happened to the first carved piece? The last i heard it was going up for auction.
 
Vero beach is becoming quite the talk of the archaeological community.
This is this mornings newspaper.
A dig is planned to start Jan.10 at the site of "Vero Man"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom