jernigan00

Sep 14, 2005
Oswego, New York
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excalibur ll, Ace 250
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not normally a bottle finder/collector but I found this one oddly enough in the bottom of a wash wedged between several large rocks and had to dig the sand and gravel out from around it to get it out of the ground. This was after a huge flood had unearthed an old dump and exposed alot of broken glass, rusty cans, etc. I didn't find much else of collectible value. There was lots of shards of pretty purple glass, though. How this bottle didn't get broken I have no idea.

It appears to be a vintage ketchup bottle as it says "H. J. Heinz Co" I have no clue what I have here as far a rarity or value. For all I know, it could be as common as pull tabs in the park.

Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• H J Heinz Bottle.jpg
    H J Heinz Bottle.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 5,283

MsPhunk

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one just like it that I had dug up on our property when I was young. I still have it. This is what mine reads on the bottom: H.J.Heinz Co., 211, 305 under that, and PAT D - The D is underlined. This is fluted glass. It's in really great shape. It is before they designed them to be used with twist off caps. I understand that it is dated about 1885 - 1890. I would like to know a value of this if anyone would happen to know. I can't seem to pin an estimation down. Please get back with me. Thanks so much

Last edited:

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one just like it that I had dug up on our property when I was young. I still have it. This is what mine reads on the bottom: H.J.Heinz Co., 211, 305 under that, and PAT D - The D is underlined. This is fluted glass. It's in really great shape. It is before they designed them to be used with twist off caps. I understand that it is dated about 1885 - 1890. I would like to know a value of this if anyone would happen to know. I can't seem to pin an estimation down. Please get back with me. Thanks so much

Unfortunately ketchup s are very common and have very little to no value. They always seem to be the one bottle that survive in the ground.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

MsPhunk

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if it is a vinegar bottle, could you tell me what you know about it with all that I've stated prior? I would appreciate it and a value estimate.

MsPhunk

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few on e-bay that state that this is a ketchup bottle. ... Confused and need clarifications.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had a nickel for every one of those I've found 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread