What's new

Visiting Sargent- Lake Jackson area next month

New Orleans Relic

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
435
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting uncle in Sargent a week mid March and want to do some beach, coin, or relic hunting. Can anyone give me any historical places or areas I can read about within 30-50 miles in SE Texas? If you can get out , I'd like to meet. Thanks
Ray
 
Will be there Friday.
I'd like to thank all of you that replied. Very nice of you to help me.............................
 
Hi Ray, I'm not down there, but there is a lot of history down that way. The Mexican Army and Republic of Texas troops traveled across and camped along the Colorado and Brazos rivers. Caney Creek is near Sargent. Bobby Mckinney wrote a book called "Confederates on the Caney" about the civil war efforts on the Texas gulf coast.

Info on Sargent TX history:

SARGENT, TX | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)


Wayne
 
Wayne thanks for the info. It'll be a week of dirt fishing and wet fishing.
Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom