ChefDigger

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2020
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been asked to post this dig on "Todays finds"...

A buddy and I headed out to a colonial site along one of Maines many rivers. It was planned to be a chill hunt... cellars were marked on our maps, GPS cords were noted and we had a game plan on how we were going to proceed from one cellar to another... Today was supposed to be a recon trip... It turned out very different. please enjoy the few pictures we took. All of the relics now are being preserved through electrolysis or by other means. bag o shot.jpgfresh dug.jpghuge.jpgsmalls.jpgWrap up.jpgCannon Ball.jpgBar shot.jpg

Upvote 40
Outstanding hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

That bar shot is awesome! Great finds. Wait until you actually get to your game plan. It looks like you guys may be the first to detect the area.

Nice. You are on a good trail. Please share what else comes out of those cellars.

Nice find.s great day you all had..

I love revolutionary war I’m so happy you posted these cool fines. I actually found my first rev cannonball last week. Now I got to learn what a bar shot is.

BAR SHOT!!!! Awesome find! Congratulations on saving all these!! Keep at it- theres more!

That’s a great hunt
Congrats

Bar shot, solid shot, grape/cannister shot all indicate the bigger guns were involved. Any musket balls found? Also, any marked military buttons? I see some later stuff in your pic - suspender clip and toe tap. Are these from the skirmish site or one of the cellar holes?

Great stuff. Looking forward to your next post :thumbsup:

The suspender clasp, toe tap, KG3, and axe were all from the only cellar we strapped at. All the rest including the pewter spoon and buttons were from the “skirmish site”. We each got a few buttons, some tombac and some pewter. There were 2 dropped musket balls in the mix as well, need to find mine to size it.

If that was the scout I can't wait to see the actual hunt!! keep us posted.

Great day! Love to see cannon balls and bar shot fresh off the ground!

Great stuff! Like mentioned above... you never see bar shot listed... let alone with everything else. I gotta call a Banner on this one

I think we see more "hoped to be bar shot" posted here than the real deal. Thanks for sharing some "for real" finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back