WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave you my answer to your question,what is yours?...and how does it relare LaFitte,Girard,Lallemand,Bonaparte,etc,to the writing of the BEALE PAPERS?

Someone was still looking for what they were hoping still existed. We "know" from a previous "documented account", that there were more of these same type deposits in relation to these same people. "Perhaps" at least one of these large deposits may still exist but it isn't in Virginia or in any of the other speculated locations. We do, however, know the exact two mile radius where this (possibly still existing) deposit was said to have been placed.

"I will research those things that I believe might exist, but I will only hunt for those things that I can prove to exist."

... We "know" from a previous "documented account", that there were more of these same type deposits in relation to these same people. "Perhaps" at least one of these large deposits may still exist but it isn't in Virginia or in any of the other speculated locations. We do, however, know the exact two mile radius where this (possibly still existing) deposit was said to have been placed.
"Previous "DOCUMENTED ACCOUNT"? Is this hard solid information or more speculation?

"Previous "DOCUMENTED ACCOUNT"? Is this hard solid information or more speculation?

It's solid. But even so, I'd still like to come across one or more confirmations in the form of an additional account/correspondence/etc., and I'd really like to see any of these some years after the fact.

Someone was still looking for what they were hoping still existed. We "know" from a previous "documented account", that there were more of these same type deposits in relation to these same people. "Perhaps" at least one of these large deposits may still exist but it isn't in Virginia or in any of the other speculated locations. We do, however, know the exact two mile radius where this (possibly still existing) deposit was said to have been placed.

"I will research those things that I believe might exist, but I will only hunt for those things that I can prove to exist."

Why are you HERE, then... THIS is the BEALE TREASURE "thread". "OTHER Treasure Legends" would be more helpful to y'all, looking for the "French Connection".

Last edited:
Why are you HERE, then... THIS is the BEALE TREASURE "thread". "OTHER Treasure Legends" would be more helpful to y'all, looking for the "French Connection".

Reb, because this is the Beale Treasure thread - which is the source. But you are correct in it being totally pointless to be here. :laughing7:

ECS, is this your "Ward Thread"...? THE JOURNAL of Capt. John R. Bell, OFFICIAL Journalist for the LONG Expedition, 1820... OR! "Google" Westward Expansion, 1803-1861... ALL of which COULD have been utilzed by F. C. Hutter, author of the BEALE PAPERS, with his cousin, JB Ward as AGENT. The cousins PROBABLY read those stories growing up at POPLAR FOREST (owned by the HUTTER Family, living there for a LONG time), or just a short distance away... JB Risque Farm/Plantation in Campbell County, Va. (New London SOUTH to Lynch Station, along Dreaming Creek). The cousins MAY WELL have PLAYED (pretend) to be those GREAT explorers; you know how boys will be... AND! The boys MAY have been GREATLY inspired by E.A. Poe THE GOLD BUG for CIPHERS; the Patterson Cipher, the Jefferson Ciphers, the Madison Ciphers; the ciphers used in the American War for Independence. The creation of CSA Ciphers came later... ALL based on NUMBERS, BUT! WHY were they called FIGURES...? BTW; Hunter's Hill (JB Risque) was VERY close to TJ's POPLAR FOREST. HA!

Last edited:
Rebel-KGC,yes it is curious that the 1885 Ward publication leads back to him and his Hutter cousins,all decendants of J B Risque who fought a duel with a Thomas Beale.They had access to the journals mentioned in this thread,and the works of Poe.CSA Major E S Hutter,C F's brother,probably used Confederate ciphers during the War,and the Confederates utilized many different ciphers and codes.So the framework existed for the creation of the Beale pamphlet in 1885.
Then there is that curious mention of the 2nd year of the Confederate War-NOT the War of Southern Independence,War of Northern Aggression,Civil War,Etc,but the Confederate War.This is a clue.
Now whether it is connected to the April 1865 events in Dannville is yet to discerned.

Rebel-KGC,yes it is curious that the 1885 Ward publication leads back to him and his Hutter cousins,all decendants of J B Risque who fought a duel with a Thomas Beale.They had access to the journals mentioned in this thread,and the works of Poe.CSA Major E S Hutter,C F's brother,probably used Confederate ciphers during the War,and the Confederates utilized many different ciphers and codes.So the framework existed for the creation of the Beale pamphlet in 1885.
Then there is that curious mention of the 2nd year of the Confederate War-NOT the War of Southern Independence,War of Northern Aggression,Civil War,Etc,but the Confederate War.This is a clue.
Now whether it is connected to the April 1865 events in Dannville is yet to discerned.

CORRECT; What is the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...? I thought it was 1863; SAME year that Robert MORRISS died. CONFEDERATE WAR; CIVIL WAR... C.W., which was NOT "civil".
Lynchburg, Va. (where I am...) was a HOSPITAL TOWN for REBELS wounded in combat; MANY died and are buried in the Old City Cemetery here; there IS a plaque stating that the BEALE TREASURE is buried in OCC, too. MORE, later...

Last edited:
Was ward , a member of The KGC. Thanks Justintime

How can you be so positive? There are no records of all members of the KGC only the leaders. About 700,000 members at one time. There is a possibility that Ward could have been KGC. I know Robert Morris was a member.

MORRIS or MORRISS; how do you know...? Wanna do some R & I...

Last edited:

JB Ward WAS... a Master Mason, until suspended for non-payment of dues; "common" back in his days. Master Mason DOES NOT = KGC; HOWEVER! SOME KGC were also FreeMasons, USUALLY 32nd or 33rd Degree from Scottish Rite/Southern Juridiction; HQ in DC. "HOME" BACK THEN was Nashville, Tenn. Bro. Albert Pike (CSA) is a GREAT example.
And! BRIT FreeMasons have the Knights Grand Cross (KGC), which COULD confuse ppl...

Last edited:
It appears that JB Ward was a Master Mason of MARSHALL LODGE (chartered 1793) until suspended for non-payment of dues. According to PV (RIP) in his LAST book on the Beale Treasure, CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: Duty, Honor, & Deceit
Confederate Treasure Coverup... "Henrietta enlists James Beverly Ward, a tall, gaunt and elderly fellow Marshall Lodge Mason of her husband and Bryan, to act on her behalf. She explains that SHE is the author and wants to remain anonymous." (p. 99). JBW agrees to be AGENT for the author & get BP published by VB & JPC. MORE, later...

It appears that JB Ward was a Master Mason of MARSHALL LODGE (chartered 1793) until suspended for non-payment of dues. According to PV (RIP) in his LAST book on the Beale Treasure, CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: Duty, Honor, & Deceit
Confederate Treasure Coverup... "Henrietta enlists James Beverly Ward, a tall, gaunt and elderly fellow Marshall Lodge Mason of her husband and Bryan, to act on her behalf. She explains that SHE is the author and wants to remain anonymous." (p. 99). JBW agrees to be AGENT for the author & get BP published by VB & JPC. MORE, later...
. Did JBW, get suspended before or after the BP, Justintime

. Did JBW, get suspended before or after the BP, Justintime

Way I read info... AFTER; (post 1885). He MAY have been living at Hunter's Hill (formerly owned by GRANDPA JB Risque); JBW's MOTHER was Risque's daughter. Located in Campbell County, Va. (South of Lynchburg), along Dreaming Creek, EAST of New London, Va. & SOUTH of Poplar Forest (@ 5-6 miles); area is FULL of history & "treasure legends". JBW's FATHER was Giles Ward; JBW married Harriet Emmaline BUFORD, daughter of John BUFORD & Angeline Brown-Otey; THUS, the BUFORD/RISQUE/WARD "connection". The Brown & Otey families are also "BIG" in this SAGA!

Last edited:
How can you be so positive? There are no records of all members of the KGC only the leaders. About 700,000 members at one time. There is a possibility that Ward could have been KGC. I know Robert Morris was a member.

You MAY be thinking of Bro. Rob Morris, POET & founder of the Order of the Eastern Star (Masons & females... mothers/wives/daughters/nieces); not KGC, to my knowledge.

The ONLY "woman author" in Lynchburg, Va. "back then" was Louise A. Blunt, who helped Margaret Anthony Cabell (1814-1882) write HER book, which was NOT a "true history" of OLD Lynchburg, Va. MAC's "book" was written in 1858 or so...

The ONLY "woman author" in Lynchburg, Va. "back then" was Louise A. Blunt, who helped Margaret Anthony Cabell (1814-1882) write HER book, which was NOT a "true history" of OLD Lynchburg, Va. MAC's "book" was written in 1858 or so...

What kind of writing did Mrs Blunt tend to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back