What's new

Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Quandary was solved in a couple of seconds....there's no gold to be found on the bathroom floor :laughing7:


Another beautiful sunny day...why spend it on my hands and knees cleaning that old tile floor... got to the beach at noon and hunted for 3 hrs. :headbang:

As I was walking along the dune line in the dry sand with the GT in hand, and taking in the serene view of the ocean, I heard that unmistakable low solid tone, and looked down at the sand to see a gold ring laying right on top of the sand! :o ...Didn't even have to work for that one.


Fully aware that had the GT taken another route ...like a couple of inches to the left or right , and me gazing out at the ocean, I definitely would have missed the ring Careless detecting...won't happen again. ::)

Ring has no stamping inside the band...but tested 12 K with gold test kit.

The key: TECO stands for Timber Engineering Company. Established in 1933, TECO was bought out in 1988. The company did testing on timber for various uses.

Started cleaning the rusty -looking ? tag / ? medallion..was surprised to see a hole at the top of it. :icon_scratch:

Here's a couple of pics.

thanks for looking...now if you 'll excuse me...I have a bathroom floor to wash :hello:


Lorraine
 
Upvote 0
:icon_thumleft: Beach is more important!!!! The floor will always be there when you get back!!!! LOL Looks like you did good today, that ring is cute, great eyeball find! You had me cracking up with your story, keep it up, I look forward to seeing what you find next!!!! :icon_thumright: :hello: Red
 
Nice find! WTG :icon_thumright: I agree, MDing is way more fun than cleaning. I always say, "A bad day of MDing is always better than a good day of cleaning toilets." :wink:

HH
 
Re: Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the bea

Nice, That is how it is done, right place, right time!!!
 
Great story!!!!! Hmm, let's see a 12k ring just for the taking? Yup, I'd take that!!!! Great find, even better, how you found it.
 
I was gonna say :icon_scratch: ...... that's not a quandary that's a no brainer! :laughing7:
Good score on the ring.
 
cleaning can ALWAYS wait! congrats on the nice gold Lorraine! Will you wear it?
 
Nice Gold girl...You, and Mumzsie are killing us Inlanders on the Gold.....Congrads...
 
cntrydncr1 said:
cleaning can ALWAYS wait! congrats on the nice gold Lorraine! Will you wear it?

thank you cntrydncr1,

No..it doesn't fit ...too small :(
 
Bathroom floor will be there when you get back............................ :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the hunt instead of the chores. Glad your using a GT as it won't miss anything if you get the coil near it. I use a leaf blower for dusting. :laughing7:
 
Nice eyeball find. That happened to me with a gold chain. I saw about two inches of chain sticking out of the sand ,I ran the detector over it and it would not even pick it up. That was the only gold I found that day and was happy to have it.
Awesome ring by the way. :icon_thumright: Congrats.
 
well there might be gold on the bathroom floor * in liquid form ;D --yeh the worst day of metal detecting at the beach beats-- the best cleaning up a bathroom floor day , everytime.

ps 12 K is a standard of 50% pure gold -- common in older victorian era times * late 1800's early 1900 era --most modern stuff is either 10 K , 14 K or 18 K :wink:
 
Congratulations on the gold ring find Lorraine. :thumbsup:
You can clean the bathroom anytime, but you
gotts to hit the beach when the time is right.
WTG...... Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
NO CONTEST! Like Gator-Flea said.... the bathroom floor will still be there when you get back but the gold.... nope! Someone else will beat you to it. Don't even waste the time you could be hunting deliberating! GO GET THE GOLD! :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom