What's new

Washington Beach Jasper Knife

scepter1

Sr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
525
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DSCN1300.webp

DSCN1302.webp

DSCN1311.webp

DSCN1306.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice color! They don't get much more colorful than that. Gary
 
Very nice fire color on that one. One day you will have to show us your frame of killer points.
 
Gotta love that bright red jasper, that piece is hot ! Looks like it wasn't in the surf/beach for long, as it doesn't appear to be sand worn. Is that a scarce material or color in your hunting area?
 
I love the color of that material.
 
Very nice fire color on that one. One day you will have to show us your frame of killer points.

Thanks. That's hotter than any other I've found/seen here. Material/knife was probably brought here from Oregon. I'll have to get out another knife I found some years ago that may have been made from the same core.
 
Thanks. That's hotter than any other I've found/seen here. Material/knife was probably brought here from Oregon. I'll have to get out another knife I found some years ago that may have been made from the same core.

Well its a killer Im still waiting on my 1 good one for the year might not get one with all this darn rain. I hate it when it doesnt rain but at the same time its been raining all year here
 
Yes!

Man, it’s been a couple years since I hunted my favorite king county beaches... love the jasper!
 
I have several of those found on SW WA beaches. You can walk in spots and and pick up fist sized cobbles of jasper without much effort. The obsidian usually is an Oregon transplant for sure and I have a broken slave killer thats stone origin is from California in a spot nearly 1,300 miles away. Scientific anyalisis of lithic materials is really heating up!

Your jasper piece is beautiful, that stuff never gets old, same with the carnelian, chalcedony, pet wood...(not to mention the ellensburg blue).
 
That's Gorgeous! Congratulations!

Kace
 
Thanks. That's hotter than any other I've found/seen here. Material/knife was probably brought here from Oregon. I'll have to get out another knife I found some years ago that may have been made from the same core.

Found this knife 3 years ago about 150 feet away from the new find. Jasper with the same red, yellow, and white colors and probably came off the same core.

DSCN3713.webp
 
Last edited:
That is one of the nicest ones Ive seen
 
Found this knife 3 years ago about 150 feet away from the new find. Jasper with the same red, yellow, and white colors and probably came off the same core.

View attachment 1651438

a matched pair! they both do have some of that white calcedony inclusion too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom