Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an aggravating feature that happens now.
Click on the bell and the ad covers the content.

Ah, I see what you mean. If you scroll to the top of the site and then click on the bell, the ad will not be blocking it. It only happens if you are near the bottom of the page while clicking on the bell.

It's a bug and something we'll try to fix but that's a quick work around.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah, I see what you mean. If you scroll to the top of the site and then click on the bell, the ad will not be blocking it. It only happens if you are near the bottom of the page while clicking on the bell.

It's a bug and something we'll try to fix but that's a quick work around.
Gee that would be great 👍

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't recall ads on the old version of TNet.... I think I'm a charter member, hard to say as the ads cover my drop down profile.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed something a little strange In the Political discussion forum. Next to the "report" button there is also delete, edit and warn buttons under everyones posts. They are clickable so you could edit/warn/delete someone else's posts! While that could be a lot of fun, :laughing7: I think someone could cause a lot of problems.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen a single ad, Will have admins check... Are you using an ad blocker?
I see ads at the Top too . I Know adchoice is a Temporary Fix,
But a Pain to Redo it every Time I clean my Cache etc.
Plus your actually taking their Word the Cookie they add isn't
following you anyway.

000bbb.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... ads ARE everywhere,... and they cover the bell function and you cannot see.
only bell i see is in the gray strip between conversation and search.
i didn't look if your talking about using an app i only have a pc
the ads i see don't cover anything they are just up there where a banner would look better lol

above the work in progress statement

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only bell i see is in the gray strip between conversation and search.
i didn't look if your talking about using an app i only have a pc
the ads i see don't cover anything they are just up there where a banner would look better lol

above the work in progress statement
When reading back... Dascrow described the bug. post #201

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the alert bell is clicked... yes a "list of alerts" box appears ...
BUT... the alerts cannot be read due to the ads.
Both ... OR either ads block it....
Either the popups jump on top... OR the alert scroll box goes BEHIND the sidebar ads.
No matter... the ads dominate.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add... it just started happening errr.... yesterday i think... i have been so busy my head is in clouds.

So... with this info perhaps it will help track down the change that started it.

For it was not like this on opening day of site.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Non charter members see ALOT more ads.....
Correct... but this is um... heh...
I have very good add blocks... but this new system is overriding them now... personally i cannot deal with AD filled.
And it sorta pushes some (like me anyway) to make a decision... forced Charter or ehhh ?...Irritated away ?
If the ads continue to override like they are...
New users will be disenchanted quickly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... ads ARE everywhere,... and they cover the bell function and you cannot see.
As I said ARC, I have not seen a single ad, that may be because I am a charter member, it was one of the advantages of being a charter member on the old software, most likely carried over to new soft ware.

I don't even see the ad Jeff is talking about. I am running TotalAV which is my virus and malware protection, it has built in ad block, it may just be it is that good, just know I am not seeing ads.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the upgrade. I no longer see views on posts, is this just temporary? I dont get many likes, no big deal, but I posted yesterday and without any views it makes me wonder if people are reading my content, or not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed something a little strange In the Political discussion forum. Next to the "report" button there is also delete, edit and warn buttons under everyones posts. They are clickable so you could edit/warn/delete someone else's posts! While that could be a lot of fun, :laughing7: I think someone could cause a lot of problems.

I have reported it to the head admins for them to fix, members should not see or have access to that feature..

Please report any abuse of it by any member seen so it can be addressed.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the upgrade. I no longer see views on posts, is this just temporary? I dont get many likes, no big deal, but I posted yesterday and without any views it makes me wonder if people are reading my content, or not.
I will check with head admin, site is not finished, there is much more to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread