πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Well, well, well....

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So fellow Tnetters, not your usual find this last weekend. Our family has camped ever since I can remember, and I have a lot of great memories. From State parks to private campgrounds to just setting up in someone's back 40. Nowadays I take advantage of our camping trips to find new places to detect. So this trip, I was driving around looking for somewhere to hunt when I wheeled into a gas station for a cold tea and ice for the cooler. Walking back to the war wagon, I hear "Sir..excuse me sir"... I turned to see a couple, who said they noticed my plates (see pic) and the guy asked me if I could find a well... I asked him if it was a cast wellhead and how deep it was. He says yes, and no more than a foot deep. I said I could and they asked me how much I'd charge to do it. I said "I'm camping this weekend, and looking for a place to detect...lead the way!". I followed them for about 20 minutes, the last 7 or 8 minutes leading deep into the sticks...it wasn't until the asphalt ended and we were on 2-track that I actually thought I may never be seen again lol...but I knew they were good people and soon we turned up a hill (almost reached for the 4wd) and I saw their place which I could tell they've been working hard on. As I pull my gear out, they tell me that they bought this property from his uncle and they've been using spring water for over a year, as they've been unable to locate the well, which was covered up about ten years ago by someone on a dozer widening the driveway. It's hotter than the hubs of hell, I'm already drenched just gearing up. I fire the Pro up (Max was in the shop), and the guy, Michael, tells me there's conflicting reports on where it should be...he said there's actually been family arguments over the location of this well lol, and there were holes and piles of dirt, they were trying! The brush hog had made short work of some cans, slaw everywhere...but ignoring the shallow stuff and concentrating on trying to find a cast iron well a foot or so deep, I got a BANGING signal, at 6-8 inches. Michael and I dug down, fighting roots, and uncovered an entire spool of extension cord buried. Ugh... About 20 minutes later, drinking my 3rd bottle of water, I told Michael to finish digging the spool of wire out, as I had a hunch about that hole. Roots had their grip on it but the both of us got it out. Swing...BING...I told Michael, I think we found your well. Frantically he removed about 3 more inches of dirt and we both heard the sound of a hollow pipe. Michael jumped up and screamed to his wife, who had gone to the house for more bottled water..."HONEY WE GOT A WELL !!" She came running and...they...hugged. Omg, she cried, he was holding the tears back and came over and shook and shook and shook my hand lol, I thought he was going to pull my arm off. They must have said thank you a hundred times, insisting I take SOMETHING for my time. And I need to tell you folks that the feeling inside of me was payment enough, I rode that high all the way back to camp. Michael was trying to give me beer, water, firewood for camp, but I insisted no. Thanks folks, for enduring my ramble.. and to think they'd been using spring water for over a year....Ddf. Screenshot_2019-06-29-23-00-08.png 20190629_150217.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A mighty fine service you provided.
Thanks for taking up the challenge for the reasons you did.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Honorable mention, dude!

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A mighty fine service you provided.
Thanks for taking up the challenge for the reasons you did.

Thank you Relevant, I can say with confidence that almost everyone on these forums wouldn't hesitate to do the same. Ddf.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff , your a good person for helping out in this terrible heat wave .... real feel today here in Maryland was 106 degrees .... I don’t usually but I even picked up a hitch hiker cause I felt so bad for them walking in the heat

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a valuable return to me! Think about it, so valuable, it's been a cause for family arguments.

I'm calling it a return with a picture. Therefore "honorable mention." congrats on a great job.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff , your a good person for helping out in this terrible heat wave .... real feel today here in Maryland was 106 degrees .... I don’t usually but I even picked up a hitch hiker cause I felt so bad for them walking in the heat

Thanks Arrow, and I can only imagine how thankful that hitcher was! Ddf.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention Kevin and I thought I was ugly kidding Kevin that's cool your a good man we need to get together before summer ends dude my deck my car got flooded and hydrolocked got the water out removing the plugs I texting this while my power is out that's my lame excuse..what happened with your max gotta shoot you a PM or ph call hope you have fun dude that story is great enjoy the camping wrestle a couple bears catch bigfoot and lop his foot off and mount it.find some old coins or relics you earned it my Friend Tommy I have some stuff for ya at parts waterproof grey ghost headphones ect don't need anymore. Tommy

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha nice license plate. It’s basically an advertisement! :)

Lol yep! One day I noticed an unmarked police/undercover vehicle following me, and at one stop light, I saw the driver holding his phone sideways taking pictures...I think they thought I was a private detective or something lol, Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a valuable return to me! Think about it, so valuable, it's been a cause for family arguments.

I'm calling it a return with a picture. Therefore "honorable mention." congrats on a great job.

Thanks Greastart! Very kind words...very much appreciated! You guys are awesome, Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention Kevin and I thought I was ugly kidding Kevin that's cool your a good man we need to get together before summer ends dude my deck my car got flooded and hydrolocked got the water out removing the plugs I texting this while my power is out that's my lame excuse..what happened with your max gotta shoot you a PM or ph call hope you have fun dude that story is great enjoy the camping wrestle a couple bears catch bigfoot and lop his foot off and mount it.find some old coins or relics you earned it my Friend Tommy I have some stuff for ya at parts waterproof grey ghost headphones ect don't need anymore. Tommy

Thx Tommy! Dang that sucks dude! It must have freakin poured there to flood your car! When did this happen? And Bigfoot? Pffff.. me and him "borrowed" a pontoon boat, strapped a twin turbo LSX motor on that thang and busted some waves! He can't drive worth a crap...blames it on his big feet or sumhin..but yea man we gotta get hooked up, rip and strip sum history out the ground! Yea pm me or if u still have my number text me. I think I've got yours if I find it I'll hit u up. And those Grey Ghost headphones....aww yea brother hook me up like a tow truck! Ddf

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freaking sewer in front of my house got 3 inches of water in my car pulled my spark plugs cranked a gallon of water out hope a rod didn't get bent will see on sat yep I have some at stuff a battery pack rechargeable lasts forever I'll hook ya up my brother. Don't burn down the woods bro, have fun stay safe I'll PM you Saturday get that Honorable mention badge....

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those folks, you definitely found buried treasure. Water is nothing when you have it, but it's gold if you don't. Good on ya! Gary

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good stuff right there!! Thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story- well (pun intended) done!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread