What's new

What are your thoughts on these Pieces ?? Please !

Just Amazed

Full Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2013
Messages
213
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-2923378584.webp

Thanks Again For Looking !
 

Attachments

  • image-2933412674.webp
    image-2933412674.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image-45512601.webp
    image-45512601.webp
    38 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3141504990.webp
    image-3141504990.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
Just Amazed - I don't see anything that is clearly an artifact. The bottom right piece in the first picture might be, as might a couple of others. Unless you're finding them in context with clear artifacts I'd lean towards no. Just my two cents.
 
Just Amazed - I don't see anything that is clearly an artifact. The bottom right piece in the first picture might be, as might a couple of others. Unless you're finding them in context with clear artifacts I'd lean towards no. Just my two cents.

Thanks For Your Help......Thanks For Looking !
 
A few nices pieces of chert. If you knew how to flint knap, you could make some points out of them.
 
Keep looking! There is a nice one out there with your name on it! Good luck.
 
What state are you in Just Amazed? Some of the pieces you have remind me of cores or flake tool type artifacts. I am not sure if they are. A state would help a lot !
 
What state are you in Just Amazed? Some of the pieces you have remind me of cores or flake tool type artifacts. I am not sure if they are. A state would help a lot !

I'm Sorry , Yes Texas.. Bastrop ,Tx. ,I am about 1/2- 1Mile From The Colorado River
 
Looks like what is left after knapping, your point is laying near by some where for sure.:thumbsup:HH
 
Yeah Debitage or waste flakes. Go back to that area and look again. Thats the first step in finding a point or worked tool. I call it following the trail to the treasure. There should be something out in that spot waiting for you. I found a point while flipping flakes. I went to flip it and it didnt move just the base was barley showing. I used a stick to get it out and it was a whole point instead of a flake. Your close.
 
Yeah Debitage or waste flakes. Go back to that area and look again. Thats the first step in finding a point or worked tool. I call it following the trail to the treasure. There should be something out in that spot waiting for you. I found a point while flipping flakes. I went to flip it and it didnt move just the base was barley showing. I used a stick to get it out and it was a whole point instead of a flake. Your close.

Thank You Much !!
 
yup for the most part debitage which tells us that the area may produce a tool or flake
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom