What does everyone do for their work???

Abilene

Sep 25, 2013
abilene texas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lone star,and garrett pin pointer and ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired after 45 years in GM and Nissan dealership. Parts manager .

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a field superintendent of construction for a company that builds high end mall stores. I mostly build Victoria Secret's.

So, can you hook me up with a meeting with Adrianna Lima? lol

I currently work at our local Ace Hardware.

I spent 8 years working security at a Chemical Plant until I got laid off in Jan of 2012. It was a good job with good pay and benefits, but when the plant was sold the new owners laid off all the higher paid workers and kept the new hires. I then spent a year and a half at Lowes but they kept cutting hours until I was down to 27/28 a week so I got the job at Ace.

aloraptor

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Ace hardware stores. You can actually talk to someone that knows a bit about what they sell. Has come in handy a few times.:thumbsup:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
contractor-president-owner of a small roofing and architectural sheet metal business since the mid 1970's with 10-12 employees
mechanical and architectural engineer
musician since the late 1960's and vintage guitar collector
caretaker of a 35 acre mandan indian village site since 1986
Treasure Net moderator partner

and my most fun job......being a grandpa to my little Takoja

larson1951

Last edited:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i used to be a line teck at nissan,felt my kids was more important so i became a full time dad.best job i ever had.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
One more time, I'm odd one out. I'm the second generation owner of a pimento cheese factory. "Our Pride"! Look behind the folsome, you can see our label!

image-1723689348.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired! Worked for a plastics vaccum-forming company. Really enjoyed it! Also used to drive for Coach USA.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've worked at quite a few jobs. Graduated high school in 1960 and went to work at a machine shop that manufactured the pumps (not the pump jacks) for oil wells. Then I operated a service station for a while. Then I managed a service station for several months. Then worked at another machine shop, then a super market, then ran a bread route for about a year, then back into a super market, another machine shop that manufactured the pump jacks for oil wells. Then worked 11 years delivering petroleum products for Gulf. Then ran a propane delivery truck for a couple of years, worked for a cement contractor for a while, and worked for a construction company building a US post office. Then worked as auditor/supervisor for a convenience store group. Then spent the rest of my working days as installation and repairman for service station gasoline/diesel equipment starting in 1985. Retired in 2004, but went to work as a greeter for Walmart for a couple of years. That's almost all of the jobs I had during my life.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4th generation bridge builder, 25 yrs at that until my Dad died, and his brothers decided they wanted to retire. It was too big for me to buy, new owners shut down the bridge end of things, now I manage their Concrete plant, pre-cast business.

Less stress than bridge building, no deadlines, inspectors, EPA, weather, high water, buried utllities......finally I can sleep at night.:icon_thumleft:

I miss the new job locations 3 or 4 times a year, but it's a good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread