What's new

What Friends Are For.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had talked to an old friend the other day and he was going through a hard time, trying to live off of SSI and having a lot of health problems. It just so happened that my truck had to go in the shop and I got most of the day off, so I went up to see him. This man got me into artifacts and was my mentor on them in my early years and believe me he didn't cut me no slack. I had planed on helping him some with a donation just because of all the help he gave me through out the years, but he would not hear of it. So he goes to his artifact case and pulls this out and I almost cried. I have been lusting after this blade for the 30 years that I have know him, he said take it as collateral on the money I gave him or he would not take the money. This was a dig find from 1969 along the Ms. river in Warren co., it is 7in long and is 2in wide, he calls it a Benton style. It is the largest blade that I have ever put my hands on, it is made of a brown local Chert. My friend is 75 years old and has no one left in his family, but he say's he always has his artifacts and believe me he has a lot of artifacts. I was happy but very sad at the same time, I told him when he wanted it back just tell me, money or no money and he said just give it a good home. 001.webp002.webp
 
Upvote 0
True friendship is one of the greatest things you can have, especially when it goes both ways. Tony
 
bet the maker of it hated losing that one
 
That is a super Benton from a super friend, as all things go someday we must pass them on but it`s nice when you can give them to someone who appreciates it. Just don`t feed it any more, it`s big enough!
 
:thumbsup: I would say that there is a genuine friendship between the two of you.
 
Awesome piece, I would love to see what else he has.
 
Great point, but even better friendship.
 
Very nice story. I hope things improve for your friend.
 
Wow, yeah I hope things get better for him, thanks for sharing that!
 
Incredible blade! Good friends are hard to come by and both of you are lucky to know each other.
 
You are a great caretaker.
 
What a wonderful story monsterrack, you're a very kind person..."thank you" for being so wonderful, he's very fortunate to have you as a friend, God bless you both.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom