What's new

What happened to this forum, 2nd ammenment

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden ray

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
218
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday morning, and I find that the '2nd amenment forum is not longer
on TreasureNet !!!! Anyone know any thing about this.??????
 
Administration Removed it.

No more Politics or Religious talk allowed
 
Thanks for the info.
I & many others will miss it.
 
Not trying to rock the boat here, but that post does not mention religion ? Looking for clarification on that. Mike
Politics and religion,not to be discussed (I think its in the rules) ,people started coloring outside the lines ,some started whining to the admins so they pulled it.I think we CAN still talk about the weather Just to clarify,I glean it was the owners not the admins who made this decision.
 
Last edited:
jeff must of had a good reason
 
Let's at least be honest about what really happened. There was a very small handfull of guys who couldn't seem to stay away yet they whined to the mods about every little thing that was posted in there. Now they are dancing in the street that it's gone. The "right" thing for them to do would have been to just not click on that forum but that's not what they chose to do and now it's gone. Some people just aren't happy unless they're controlling what someone else is doing.
 
^^^^^^What he said .
 
I for one will not miss it. I'm sure there is a site for politics elsewhere.
 
Oh & I didn't visit that forum after the first few times. I understand the need for free speech, but the negativity was sad. I hope you are able to find an outlet for this anger on another site. If you do, share it. I'm sure the folks that used this forum will appreciate it.
 
Not trying to rock the boat here, but that post does not mention religion ?
Looking for clarification on that.

Mike

there are a couple posts by admin I did see No religion mentioned in one.
Sorry I read a few yesterday.

It is also in our Rules TreasureNet - Rules

under TERMS
You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.

Personally I do believe If the 2nd amendment forum could have been kept pure;
things may be different.

But other political & Religious opinions didn't help, & the Drama Crept in

So I honestly don't blame admin for ending it.
 
Great move many a forum has been ruined by personal views on politics and religion. THIS IS ABOUT METAL DETECTING expose your views on a political religious some where elses forum of your choice there all over the internet.
 
Last edited:
Actually if you want to get down to the nit and grit of it,politics and treasure hunting go hand and hand.After all what gives you the right to treasure hunt and metal detect.Think about it.8-)
 
And religion too.I'm always praying that the next day is the day I find something good,lol.
 
Great move many a forum has been ruined by personal views on politics and religion. THIS IS ABOUT METAL DETECTING expose your views on a political religious some where elses forum of your choice there all over the internet.

all anyone need do is see how some members seem to have no respect for others any more :(

this is not because of their Treasure hunting Beliefs I'm sure.

& is why I became very careful on sharing my Views 100%
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom