What's new

What happened to this forum, 2nd ammenment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the big thing that is being missed here is that people are not one dementional in there thinking. I have yet to see a forum where there was strictly one topic spoken. I would venture a guess that a large portion of the exchanges here go off the original topic. As you keep banning subjects for discussion, the posts will definitely drop which translates to a drop in ad revenue. Lets see, the owners have banned politics, religion, firearms talk, yes that was in there notification. They want you to use there other forums. Perhaps they need a boost on there other sites. Oh, I forgot, one upmanship is banned also. What is next? just some thoughts to mell over. Frank...
AA birds fresco.webp
Free as a bird, as long as you are never heard!

Maybe My pictures will be band next. I have already been told not to repost one.
 
Last edited:
And so it is a choice…..a choice of the owners to limit this site, as well as our choice to use this site………the owners made their move……I will consider mine…..
I have not looked but would guess there are alternative sites without limitations…….
 
A Treasure Hunting forum forbidding political or religious discussion seems to me to be like an automotive forum that forbids discussion about gas prices or the American obsession with automobiles.

There is no way to separate religion and politics from the hobby/obsession/lifestyle of treasure hunting in any of its forms.

What's next? Are you gonna get rid of the dowsing forum? That's something predicated on the supernatural, isn't it? Many posts I see in that forum have religious leanings. Some of us don't see a distinction between religious discussion and other supernatural discussions. As a Skeptic, I could say I am offended by the support you give to a bunch of people who propound irrational beliefs. But I went on the forum, said my piece respectfully and am now off and won't go back.

Don't I deserve the same respect from whomever didn't agree with the 2nd Amendment forum?

As for the second amendment, I coin hunt in city parks. When I am out there by myself with a pocket full of (perhaps) valuables, with earphones on, attention focused on my coil, I am vulnerable. Hence, I carry (I am legal to do so). By forbidding discussion of fire arm related points, you are potentially putting me at a disadvantage. Yes, there are plenty of places that I can go to discuss firearms and self protection. But this was the ONLY place I could come to discuss it in the context of treasure hunting.

Look I am frankly tired of the recent trend to respond to certain people's complaints of being offended by what someone posts in the typical PC way...shut it all down. I would hope that the mods and admin of this forum would have the balls to say...hey. Sorry you're offended. If you don't like the forum, don't go there. And leave the rest of us the f*ck alone.
 
And so it is a choice…..a choice of the owners to limit this site, as well as our choice to use this site………the owners made their move……I will consider mine…..
I have not looked but would guess there are alternative sites without limitations…….

How true! I know quite a few who have started to post on several sites. Some even use the same handle and avatar. Frank...
51 butterfly.webp
 
A Treasure Hunting forum forbidding political or religious discussion seems to me to be like an automotive forum that forbids discussion about gas prices or the American obsession with automobiles.

There is no way to separate religion and politics from the hobby/obsession/lifestyle of treasure hunting in any of its forms.

What's next? Are you gonna get rid of the dowsing forum? That's something predicated on the supernatural, isn't it? Many posts I see in that forum have religious leanings. Some of us don't see a distinction between religious discussion and other supernatural discussions. As a Skeptic, I could say I am offended by the support you give to a bunch of people who propound irrational beliefs. But I went on the forum, said my piece respectfully and am now off and won't go back.

Don't I deserve the same respect from whomever didn't agree with the 2nd Amendment forum?

As for the second amendment, I coin hunt in city parks. When I am out there by myself with a pocket full of (perhaps) valuables, with earphones on, attention focused on my coil, I am vulnerable. Hence, I carry (I am legal to do so). By forbidding discussion of fire arm related points, you are potentially putting me at a disadvantage. Yes, there are plenty of places that I can go to discuss firearms and self protection. But this was the ONLY place I could come to discuss it in the context of treasure hunting.

Look I am frankly tired of the recent trend to respond to certain people's complaints of being offended by what someone posts in the typical PC way...shut it all down. I would hope that the mods and admin of this forum would have the balls to say...hey. Sorry you're offended. If you don't like the forum, don't go there. And leave the rest of us the f*ck alone.

welcome to TreasureNet !

did you not read the rule as it is stated in the TERMS ?
You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.

it is allowed if in Context with your Treasure Hunting adventures, research , Etc.

what is not allowed is Preaching politics or religious thoughts as Judgements.

at least this is how I'm interpreting it at this time
 
Last edited:
"welcome to TreasureNet !

did you not read the rule as it is stated in the TERMS ?
You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.
it is allowed if in Context with your Treasure Hunting adventures, research , Etc."

Thank you.

And to quote your first post:

Administration Removed it.

No more Politics or Religious talk allowed



So Do I understand this correctly? Then why is the whole category of Second Amendment Rights being deleted from this forum? Why not just the threads that violate the rules?
 
"welcome to TreasureNet !

did you not read the rule as it is stated in the TERMS ?
You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.
it is allowed if in Context with your Treasure Hunting adventures, research , Etc."

Thank you.

So Do I understand this correctly? Then why is the whole category of Second Amendment Rights being deleted from this forum? Why not just the threads that violate the rules?

because non of it falls under treasure Hunting that I can think.

it was all news stories & in-fighting while playing the Blame Game
 
Thanks for that clarification, Jeff.
So in the future if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights within the allowed context of treasure hunting, can that person be confident that he/she could do so under any of the other forums under the current rules?
Same for religious points?
 
You will be subjugated! Resistance is futile!
 
Thanks for that clarification, Jeff.
So in the future if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights within the allowed context of treasure hunting, can that person be confident that he/she could do so under any of the other forums under the current rules?
Same for religious points?

in the future if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights it will be deleted.

Same for religious points :tongue3:

You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion

if you are out hunting treasure & someone takes away your 2nd amendment rights
you can tell us.

If someone starts Preaching You can say a Preacher showed up

You cannot start Preaching politics or religion here
 
Last edited:
You wrote:

"it is allowed if in Context with your Treasure Hunting adventures, research , Etc."

Then you wrote:
"if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights it will be deleted Same for religious points"

I look forward to when you can reconcile this contradiction.
Thanks,
Bruce
 
You wrote:

"it is allowed if in Context with your Treasure Hunting adventures, research , Etc."

Then you wrote:
"if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights it will be deleted Same for religious points"

I look forward to when you can reconcile this contradiction.
Thanks,
Bruce

reread my post I added as you responded, no contradiction from Me
& I'm done on this.

I Think I made my point there is no way a thread about the second has anything to do with
hunting for treasure that I can see.

they could merge somewhere in the future If Gun Grabbers
take your guns while out detecting but at this point,
There is no connection
 
You wrote:

"it is allowed if in Context with your Treasure Hunting adventures, research , Etc."

Then you wrote:
"if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights it will be deleted Same for religious points"

I look forward to when you can reconcile this contradiction.
Thanks,
Bruce

My interpretation, If you wish to discuss carrying a firearm while you night hunt as example it is okay, if you wish to discuss our right to carry firearms in general that is no longer allowed per admins...

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM


We will NOT go quietly into the night!
 
in the future if a member wishes to open a thread regarding second amendment rights it will be deleted.

Same for religious points :tongue3:



if you are out hunting treasure & someone takes away your 2nd amendment rights
you can tell us.

If someone starts Preaching You can say a Preacher showed up

You cannot start Preaching politics or religion here

Got it. Thanks. :)
 
Got it. Thanks. :)

on the political level,
any exceptions would be on a case by case like where someone introduces a bill to stop Detectorists,
stop coin roll hunting, lock up land from us etc.

I do expect I'll be deleting at some point, But I don't plan to be banning,
unless someone decides to push their luck, by pushing my buttons :tongue3:
 
Last edited:
.... on the 1st, tnet will announce the "Duck Dynasty" forum for us all to enjoy.
Y'all hear about Chic-PHIL-a day? 1/21/14
Lol,Ray
 
Last edited:
hi,did you try the nuggetshooter.com forum, their based in az. and are pretty friendly folks. dave in the motherlode

It's never good to push the Grand Poopah's buttons....:D

e6u9ytyj.jpg


SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM


We will NOT go quietly into the night!
 
Yeah and where are these people now that there is nowhere to argue and did they even metal detect ? Mamabear we should really get that recipe forum cookin again.
I like pie.. You know, in case you need someone to test the cookin & stuff.. just sayin..
 
Last edited:
Cake or pie y'all? Let's debate:laughing7:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom