What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this some kind of puzzle pitcher? I can't make out anything the bottom says. Wondering why there is a hole on the handle and two at top of handle on each side
 
Kind of odd. It looks cool, but I can't figure out how it works. Is it a pipe of some sorts?
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking like Kray here. Don't think it's a pitcher.
 
Upvote 0
I put kautar kau garda in google translate and it says "to protect your cattle" language Hausa
 
Upvote 0
That is an Intricately Glazed container with a lot of work put into all of the construction of the entire item, Hmm. When I enlarge the pictures, I see shadows thrown by some of the letters indicating that the letters are not carved into the bottom but are on top of the vessel, are they 'positive'/on top or proud of the bottom of the container? Seems like this picture should be entered into a ceramic what is it thread..........63bkpkr
 
Upvote 0
It's probably not an Assassin's teapot, but it's interesting to read about them and then go " hmmmmm".
 
Upvote 0
Funny, my first thought when I saw this piece was, 'Turkish Water Pipe/Jug'. :icon_scratch:

My second thought was,
'The British Open Trophy, known as the Claret Jug'. :laughing7:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • diaz-preview-claret-jug-birkdale-scenic-clear-1.webp
    diaz-preview-claret-jug-birkdale-scenic-clear-1.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Letters are carved into the bottom
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
Replies
11
Views
764

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom