JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As IF Jewel could have ever fallen for a fool like me…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The hottest Jewel song of all time… lol

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for the walk down memory lane…

As IF Jewel used to hang out online in poetry chat rooms…

It is almost as IF you never know who is at the other end of the line…

Does anyone have any new theories on the PSM’s??? I would love to hear them…

Ed T

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I do not want to make a grown man cry.

Well, actually I do. Hahaha.

I did retire in Mexico, way up in the mountains, somewhere. I have been here an entire generation, nearing the end of my life. Life here is wonderful. And, if you have an entire day to read, go up the TN page and find Aztec Gold. I have been studying nearly 30 years as to the claim by locals that the treasure of Moctzuma II is buried a short distance (200 meters) from my current locations A year or two ago, a young man said it took him a full day to read all my postings.

I have at times had mood swings but do believe it is there. Based on writings by Cortes and Bernal Dias I estimate 100's of millions of dollars if it is just gold. Several years ago, a man accused me of listening to a bunch of drunks, which is what he did, then ran all over looking for nonexistent treasure. He didn't even read my postings I think he has been removed from the forum.

My work was based not on trying to understand what the Aztecs did, but on what they would have done, which is easier.

When I retired, I prayed to God, asking him for one year in my beloved Mexico. He has given me so far 25 years here. Now, you can cry. Hahaha.

I can tell you, if you have to be an old man, rural Mexico is the place to do it. I once told my wfe's best friend that in the US people call us old farts. She was so offended she started to vomit.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not want to make a grown man cry.

Well, actually I do. Hahaha.

I did retire in Mexico, way up in the mountains, somewhere. I have been here an entire generation, nearing the end of my life. Life here is wonderful. And, if you have an entire day to read, go up the TN page and find Aztec Gold. I have been studying nearly 30 years as to the claim by locals that the treasure of Moctzuma II is buried a short distance (200 meters) from my current locations A year or two ago, a young man said it took him a full day to read all my postings.

I have at times had mood swings but do believe it is there. Based on writings by Cortes and Bernal Dias I estimate 100's of millions of dollars if it is just gold. Several years ago, a man accused me of listening to a bunch of drunks, which is what he did, then ran all over looking for nonexistent treasure. He didn't even read my postings I think he has been removed from the forum.

My work was based not on trying to understand what the Aztecs did, but on what they would have done, which is easier.

When I retired, I prayed to God, asking him for one year in my beloved Mexico. He has given me so far 25 years here. Now, you can cry. Hahaha.

I can tell you, if you have to be an old man, rural Mexico is the place to do it. I once told my wfe's best friend that in the US people call us old farts. She was so offended she started to vomit.
One day I will make it to Mexico piegrande…Although I am no longer sure if I will ever be able to return to the end of the trail…Or my version of Santa Fe…My Mexican prospecting partner suffered an injury and he is in really bad shape…He is the one who led me to Santa Fe…And I saw the sun and moon with my own eyes…

It is not for wanting that I am unable to go…😩 I am currently on SSDI due to physical and mental issues…And I am so paranoid that I will be cut off if I up and move to Mexico…I remember the first time I was issued a FMM…I received a form from social security requesting a review…Sadly I had to return to the US and leave Mexico…

I think this time around I will do the 6 month trial basis…And if all goes well, I will take the plunge…As I have mentioned I can buy a house out in the boonies for 100000 pesos…That is if is still available when the time comes…And that will be only if the rancho accepts me into their community…

Only time will tell…And I do feel a little envious of you…Too me Mexico is my Cuba…I think that I may be able to pick up my pen and return to the world of poetics one day…I personally feel and believe that I am a very gifted poet…But I will leave that up to others to decide…

I wish you luck with your quest for Aztec treasure piegrande…I could really care less if I ever do find any…I personally consider Mexico and the Mexican people the true treasure…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ed T

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
If you do not have extensive experience living in Mexico, it may be harder than you think to adapt. There are many books which lay it out. My favorite was CHOOSE MEXICO. Not sure if it is still in print, but you can probably find it used. Most people who move to Mexico return to the USA within 2 years. I have seen it happen within two weeks. Those who do best are single men who find mates in Mexico. People ask me how to find a mate: I tell them relax, she will find you. Seriously.

Medical care can be difficult and it sounds like that could be a problem for you.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do not have extensive experience living in Mexico, it may be harder than you think to adapt. There are many books which lay it out. My favorite was CHOOSE MEXICO. Not sure if it is still in print, but you can probably find it used. Most people who move to Mexico return to the USA within 2 years. I have seen it happen within two weeks. Those who do best are single men who find mates in Mexico. People ask me how to find a mate: I tell them relax, she will find you. Seriously.

Medical care can be difficult and it sounds like that could be a problem for you.
I believe I will prefer the single life…I have been separated for so long due to an incident I had when I was pulled off of Prozac…Who knows…Maybe one day we may reconcile…

As for adapting to living in Mexico…I do not believe I will have a problem there…I have been to Mexico on several occasions and the hardest part is returning to the US…

I am a little concerned about the medical coverage…As of this moment I can buy almost all of my medicines at farmacias similares really cheap…The only one I cannot buy there is the ambien…For me beer is a good substitute…I don’t think I will be drinking more than a caguama a day though…

We will just have to wait and see how things unfurl…I think I will probably go the rental route for 6 months first…The house is on the outskirts of town and not in the boonies…And $100 per month is a pretty good price…I believe similar houses in the area rent for that amount or less…And as I have stated…I can try my luck at prospecting nearby with Don Gabino’s son…I’m sure he learned a thing or two from his dad…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well…Another day has come to a close, for me…And as usual my mind is filled with thoughts of the simply life in Mexico…I wonder IF I will be inspired to write a “Psychobabble Scribble Squabble And Scrabble 3”…I just about went insane writing 1&2…The rhyme scheme is quite complex, even if I do say so myself…

Maybe one day…Y Si Dios Quiere…I will begin living a new reality instead of only dreaming it…

May all of you have a wonderful evening…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's so great, why are thousands trying to enter the U. S. illegally? I thought this was a prospecting forum Whether you are sluicing, dredging, drywashing, or just a weekend gold panner, this is YOUR forum! Talk about your favorite rivers/lakes, equipment, techniques, and anything else related to prospecting for gold. The ORIGINAL gold dredging, sluicing, drywashing and panning forum!

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's so great, why are thousands trying to enter the U. S. illegally? I thought this was a prospecting forum Whether you are sluicing, dredging, drywashing, or just a weekend gold panner, this is YOUR forum! Talk about your favorite rivers/lakes, equipment, techniques, and anything else related to prospecting for gold. The ORIGINAL gold dredging, sluicing, drywashing and panning forum!
I believe this is a treasure forum…Which covers all forms of treasure…In my mind Mexico is a true treasure…

Most of the immigrants currently crossing are from other countries other than Mexico…I believe Mexicans are now a minority…But I could be wrong…

Anyhow…I do believe there are still real treasures to be found in Mexico…I have been to locations there that are far richer than almost all of the places I have been to here in the US…

And yes…I know for a fact that many of the treasure tales, so many treasure seekers try to tie to Arizona and other locations here in the US, are actually located in Mexico…

I could continue to harp about Mexico and its riches in this post, but I won’t…Everyone is entitled to believe that which they will…

The one and only thing that I believe may have been my most significant find here in the states, was what I believe was a diamond near Reno…Although I have no proof of said find…I do personally believe it was a paragon diamond…Yet, as I say, I have no proof…

When I was younger…I was stationed in Japan…And while I was there, I missed and longed for life in the US…But now that I have aged…My heart now longs for Mexico…I don’t know IF I will ever make it to Mexico…But I will always continue to dream of it…

And as I have mentioned…On my last trip to Mexico…One of my Mexican amigos, gifted me a specimen that I believe may of had small emeralds on it, not to mention lots of gold…Though I am no expert when it comes to gems…The new thought that I now have is were they or were they not emeralds???

I may never know IF it was a diamond I gave away or were they emeralds that I left at a Mexican airport…

Life can be so funny at times…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just another day and another nut job…

And this is what ties it to being a treasure of Mexico…https://www.google.com/search?q=how...gBD8ABAdoBBAgBGAg&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

I read an article stating that almost all of the guns confiscated in Mexico were legally purchased here in the US and smuggled into Mexico…Our government was even involved in the transfer of arms to Mexico…

Oh well…

Ed T

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What can I say…I feel like I am a real life Forrest Gump…I have found: wire gold, silver, platinum, and even diamond…

Heck, I have even been to several areas I believe to be areas of treasure legends…I have solved the Peralta Stones which lead to the legendary Cursum Perficio aka Tesoro de Santa Fe…As well as a few other sites…

I have even written a few poems in my day…So what should I do next?

Only time will tell…Maybe some day a well to do treasure hunter will ante up and make the trip to Santa Fe…Who knows???
We will jest have to wait and see…

Ed T
"Santa Fe" ?
The famous Trail by that name is out there,
and all the history it can tell still...

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Santa Fe" ?
The famous Trail by that name is out there,
and all the history it can tell still...
I have been there…And I have done that…My amigo who took me there is very I’ll…I am not certain IF he will make it…I can only hope that he pulls through…I don’t even care if we ever do any more prospecting…

I am quite certain that Santa Fe is not located here in the US…You may believe what you choose to believe…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread