What's new

What is made off?

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this while metal detecting and it seems like it's made out of stone by color. I know it's a fishing weight, at least I think so.
11dea3c2da778ad1f2c676c130635ef8.jpg
fcff1fb019a7e2185504a280b7361928.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Could be made of lead. Check it with your metal detector. Not sure what lead rings up as with the AT Pro, though.
 
I wanna say in the 70's. It just feels and looks like a stone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It may be a stone sinker but that white color is distinctive to lead. As has been said, test it with your detector. Stone will not give off a signal. Is it possible a fishing / net weight made by native American Indians?
 
Looking at the photo on the bottom you can see a silvery indentation - I think it's a home made lead fishing weight - good for plunking from the shape -

Interesting find!
 
It may be a stone sinker but that white color is distinctive to lead. As has been said, test it with your detector. Stone will not give off a signal. Is it possible a fishing / net weight made by native American Indians?

Ok the color through me off. I assumed lead was always grey. I found it at the base of a 400+ year old Oak. I love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom