What's new

What is this indian tool?

eschutzman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This tool has been in my family for years and I want to find out what it is. I haven't seen anything like it. It was found around a house in western Pennsylvania. Not far from Meadowcroft Village.
Indian_Artifact.webp
 
Upvote 0
We need more pictures from several different angles, but my first impression is a natural stone.
 
I can't see any working in particular, but it would still make a mark on someone's head. Lol! Regardless of what it is or isn't, if the family has held on to it for generations, I would hold on to it as well.
 
MObushwhacker said:
SIMPLY AMAZING.,,,,

You seem to know what this piece is. Can you tell us why it's amazing? I want to know. :-)
 
Like others have said more pictures will be a great help. A size would be a help.
 
He is holding it.. that gives size. It looks like an oddly shaped natural stone to me.. unless more photos show something I'm not seeing now.
 
wheres the portable rock art guy when you need him
 
Oh oh.. are you going to get him storming the gates again?
 
Looks like one nice "knock 'em in the head" rock!:BangHead:
 
I thought you might say its a pottery paddle........
 
Funny Guy.. you think its a scraper?
It must be a stemmed utilized flake right... LOL. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses don't you?
 
Last edited:
No too big for a flake. Maybe its a hand chopper or a small paddle for a small canoe.
 
I bow to your archaeological prowess. You're the man!
 
GatorBoy said:
Funny Guy.. you think its a scraper?
It must be a stemmed utilized flake right... LOL. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses don't you?

Keep windex on hand??? :-)
 
welcome to tnet eschutzman and thank you for posting

i think it is an extremely odd shaped rock rather than an indian tool
 
Good thinking
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom