What's new

What is this material ?

wells

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
683
Reaction score
561
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
This point is black with shiny black reflective spots, but when held to a light it is translucent dark green. Has anyone ever seen or know what this is ?
 

Attachments

  • odd.webp
    odd.webp
    186.5 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
Looks to be coshcotan flint from Ohio. It's found in pa sometimes and I've even found it in maryland. Cool find.
 
Not familiar with material in your area, but sounds and looks like some cool material. Nice Point! :icon_thumleft:
 
Looks to be coshcotan flint from Ohio. It's found in pa sometimes and I've even found it in maryland. Cool find.

No, i have 10 - 15 points made of coshoctin flint, usually early arcahic pieces, i am familiar with the upper mercer flints. I;ll try to get another pic that may show the glitter of the spots on this point.
 
Sounds like some cool material. Ive never heard of that type before.
 
jade with alot of patina,i hope
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom