45.7 KB · Views: 277

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
pvet,

Not knowing the surrounding bottom composition, size of the pile or much other input, I would probably say its a ballast pile. But its really hard to make that assumption with nothing else to go on a but a picture.

Did you recover a sample? If so, we could possibly say ok, its river rock, or other know types of rocks typically used as ballast that would not be naturally found in this area.

Hard to say from just a picture. Is the pile pretty big? How long? wide?

Robert

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Robert says,it's hard to make that assumption. More Images covering a broader area and with better resolution would be helpful. Some do appear like Ballast rock, others like clumps of dead Coral.

I do see some vague shapes in the Image that don't seem to be natural.One anomaly looks like it could be a brick, and the other appears to be bars, laid out symmetrically, with a rectangular shape below them. I count 7. You could speculate that the Bar shapes could be Silver, and the rectangular shape could be Iron.

Or, it may be nothing, but I would say the location warrants further survey with betterlighting and imaging, in order to be sure. Dell

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites, Aquapulse, Grometrics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It sits on clean white sand. Stones are mixed, river rock egg and other stone

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
It sits on clean white sand. Stones are mixed, river rock egg and other stone
pvet, Todays the first time I got to see your picture when it wasn't on a small screen on my phone. It looks like an interesting site. Is that a piece of pottery on the ballast stones ? Keep us informed, I know I'd like to hear more about the site. Good Luck

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
130 ft isn't deep. Sometimes it's best to just do a dive and have a look.

OP
OP
P

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
15 yrs ago

Ed, do you remember about 15 yrs ago we met in a new jersey parking lot and I asked you to get involved in a deep water wreck ? Well thats a picture of it.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Ed, do you remember about 15 yrs ago we met in a new jersey parking lot and I asked you to get involved in a deep water wreck ? Well thats a picture of it.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I really like those pictures of the world trade center. Site looks pretty interesting. Are you in the Keys Now??

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't there computer software out there that could take out a lot of that blue water in the photo and make it more clear?

garryk

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005
are these better

Attachments

• arrest%202[1].jpg
    arrest%202[1].jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 183
  • ballest[1] copy.jpg
    ballest[1] copy.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
P

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
thats what iam talkin about, Id like for you to tell me how you did that to those pictures. No Ed Ill be back in June

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition to the Bars & Brick, I see two cannon balls. One about 8-10 lb, and the other about 6 lb.

No doubt the large circular object on the right is man made but I can't figure out what it is?

Interesting, when I invert the photo the shadows give the ILLUSION of a portrait of a beautiful lady, and below it , upside down, a man with a short beard.

IF, the bars are Silver, it should pay the cost of a dive anyway. Let's see, $30 a troy ounce X 12 =$360 a troy pound X 20 lb per bar = $7, 200 per bar X at least 7 bars =$53,400. Yep, that should cover the cost of a dive. Dell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread