What is your best day of just panning amount?

OP
OP
MAnoob

MAnoob

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
I mean how much gold have you found in one day just panning

dvdtharaldson

Sep 19, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is pitiful, but I have only found 4 pieces of gold in Massachusetts in 3 years! The first year and a half I didn't know what I was doing, some may contend that I still don't. I have a serious physical disability that only allows me to dig for very short periods of time. I have found 5 pieces of gold in Vermont in the last year and a half, but I have only dug there 3 times for about a half hour each time. I am sure I will double my finds next year based on what I have learned this year. I plan on spending a lot more time in Vermont and a lot less time in Mass. The times I do prospect in Mass I will spend North of Rte. 2. What it boils down to is I find a piece about every 2 hours in Mass, and 1 piece per hour in Vermont. But there is a lot more potential to have a much better day in Vermont. I recently found some streams in Vt that have good potential.

Best Luck,
David

Last edited:

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would tell you that I found 16.38 pounds in one day of panning, but I doubt that You would believe me! Heck--I don't even believe myself!

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
This is my personal best. From new england. All are chunky klinkers. Honestly im not good at judging weight but im guessing its only about .1 .2 gram maybe?

Attachments

• image-2298032305.jpg
    image-2298032305.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 178

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG, that's really a great one day take, good job!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
MAnoob

MAnoob

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
Guess I need to try harder that's allot of gold for just panning can't wait for warmer weather

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had to break through the ice to pan those!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Honestly I don't know if it was my best, as I have had a few awesome days every now and then. But this one was up there for me. I also did really well when I first found that spot but had no camera that day. Only been back once since that video too as the hike in is a bear and a half (which is why the gold is still that good there).

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could honestly watch videos like this all day. thank you so much for sharing!

Gorgeous Gold!

OP
OP
MAnoob

MAnoob

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
Wow that is some chunky gold unbelievable! I don't think the northeast has that much gold in a state let alone in one spot

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
My best day was a $400 dollar nugget found at Cache Creek, Colorado around three years ago. Unfortunately, I heard Cache Creek has been closed down. It was a BLM dedicated to recreational gold panning located about 17 miles north of Buena Vista. Lots of ole' timers and beginners. It was a great place to meet other prospectors and make contacts. It would be a tragedy if the place was closed down. Does anyone know if it was ? Also, an ole' timer (a local) told me there is a creek on the East side of the mountain close to Cache Creek near Twin Lakes that's loaded with gold. Never got to chase the story down though.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My best day was a $400 dollar nugget found at Cache Creek, Colorado around three years ago. Unfortunately, I heard Cache Creek has been closed down. It was a BLM dedicated to recreational gold panning located about 17 miles north of Buena Vista. Lots of ole' timers and beginners. It was a great place to meet other prospectors and make contacts. It would be a tragedy if the place was closed down. Does anyone know if it was ? Also, an ole' timer (a local) told me there is a creek on the East side of the mountain close to Cache Creek near Twin Lakes that's loaded with gold. Never got to chase the story down though.
its not closed but a landowner upstream redirected most of the water so it no longer flows thru the open prospecting area...not cool but apparently within their rights. Kinda ended the sluicing from what I heard tho.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Yep behind the graveyard in the gulch is still sluicsble. The rec area hs no water. Dennis Oniel shut it off lol hes been busy with people at his place tho. $5 a day $1 to camp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread