What's new

what is your ratio?????

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Im curious as to what every ones ratio of full to broken is. I understand that it varies but just a rough idea would be great.
Personally i figure mine is somewhere from 1 full to every 6-8 broken. Or at least somewhere in that area. A few years ago it was a great summer for me and i prolly cleaned up at around 1-3
 
Upvote 0
I am about 1 to 5 ratio
 
If I hunt a plowed field it's about 1 to 6, if I hunt a creek it's about 1 to 3, much better in the creek, the plow can be tough.
 
It depends on sites for me. I'm probably 20-1 on my normal archaic-woodland sites in Indiana. If I find two or three complete points per hunt, I'm really happy.

At my paleo quarry site, I'm about 2500-0. 2500 flakes, tools, broken bifaces, and fluted point bases to zero complete fluted points...
 
I am sitting right beside you josh on that subject haha it will happen though I would be happy with 3500 to 1 if I could just get that one
 
i was one for one today today 004.webp
 
Im very high on the broken pieces and not high enough on the unbroken pieces.
 
I run about 6 brokes for every field grade point, and 10 field grade points for every killer.
 
Overall I see something like 50:1 in the rock shelters that I've destroyed (lol). When broken (pun) down by era the numbers heavily favor Archaic, something like 2:1-4:1. Those Woodland folks really leaned on their tools!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom