What's new

What the Heck is this???

ndandan

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 28, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ballwin, MO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Dug this up today with my ace 250 and it was coming up under the 25 50 cent and dollar range
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0031[1].webp
    IMG_0031[1].webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0033[1].webp
    IMG_0033[1].webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0032[1].webp
    IMG_0032[1].webp
    8 KB · Views: 440
You need to re size and focus your pic, It looks to be aluminum slag.
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
looks like melted lead or solder to me
 
Upvote 0
better pics
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 457
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0
thats what I said when I saw your screen name! What the ....?
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to treasurenet!!!! What you have there is what is left of an aluminium can after it was thrown into a fire!!!!! I find several every month along the river where they have large fires!!!! its possible it might be lead but it looks more like can slag!!!!! HH Chug

It is posible that it was thrown on top of something else though!!! there seems to be something else it melted over
 
Upvote 0
Try shaving it with a knife. If it shaves easily, it is probably lead. If it doesn't shave easily, cold be aluminum. It looks like a lead patina..IMO.....
 
Upvote 0
dandan said:
thats what I said when I saw your screen name! What the ....?

:laughing7: lol!

Welcome to the board Ndandan! I'm a big fan of melted metal ;D
 
Upvote 0
dandan said:
thats what I said when I saw your screen name! What the ....?
Lol Dan Dan has been my name since as far I can recall. I guess there's one of us every where
 
Upvote 0
Chug and Red said:
Welcome to treasurenet!!!! What you have there is what is left of an aluminium can after it was thrown into a fire!!!!! I find several every month along the river where they have large fires!!!! its possible it might be lead but it looks more like can slag!!!!! HH Chug

It is posible that it was thrown on top of something else though!!! there seems to be something else it melted over
Thanks for welcome this find was from my first weekend ever md'ing hopefully I'll get more practice in this weekend and I'll be able to find some good stuff to post
 
Upvote 0
Hey home boy I sent you a PM.
That melted blob actually has some design elements to it if you look closer at it. I agree that it is a melted blob but stop short at agreeing that it's slag.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom