What "tones" do you like,with the Deus?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After finding I like the lower tone scale a lot more than,the higher tones on the Deus,I've adjusted the "pitch" to 700, for my highest tone! I mostly use 3 tones,with the lowest (iron) set at 200,the mid tone set at 301,and the high tone set at 700. It is a little more "user friendly" for my ears,but I'm older,and have some hearing loss also!:dontknow: The high tone set at 800 seemed to set my teeth on edge like a irritating smoke alarm!:laughing7:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iron- 200
Foil- 300
Nickel- 800
Aluminum- 300
Copper/silver- 800

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Solid tones that repeat every swing! ;)

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 800 Hz tone is a little too high for my ears. Kinda irritating!:laughing7: Yeah,Bart,solid one's that repeat,are the best!:thumbsup:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always hunt with full tones. I love this feature since V3 came out !!!

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im like you Ron, I prefer the 3 tones - low tone trash/iron - mid tone gold/nickels - high tone Coins/Silver/etc... and of course like Bart said solid tones that repeat are the best!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I've found my "personal" favorite high tone freq. I now use 702 kHz for the "High Tone",and it is a lot easier on the ears.:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using 4. I still really think best option is to dig any repeatable signal. Relying on the #'s or tone will let you miss good ones!

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use 4 and 5 tone mostly 5 only because it's just a little more info to your ears because lets not forget even though the DEUS has a readout it's definitely a tone machine! Use your ears, but like Bart said especially if your new to the machine dig them all everything repeatable until you get 15 to 20 hours on this bad a$@ detector that way you get a feel for the machine!! Most importantly if your hunting relics in fields or similar non trashy areas, set that reactivity to zero and tx power to 3 and then in the trash set reactivity to 3 silencer 1 or 2 and tx power at 2 but 3 if you can handle it! Remember though sometimes in trashy sites too much sensitivity is worse than not enough! Just play with the setting a little and learn the machine!! If your interested my programs are posting in the DEUS forum!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions