What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What was this attached to?

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this object at a site that dates to the 1700s. It's about 5/8 x. 1 +1/16 and has some kind of fastener on back. Absolutely no markings. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230605_045236893.webp
    PXL_20230605_045236893.webp
    998.4 KB · Views: 150
  • PXL_20230605_045303205.webp
    PXL_20230605_045303205.webp
    642.4 KB · Views: 105
Not that old IMO... I base this on the fact the hardware has been applied.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a belt buckle.
 
Upvote 0
Hello, I have found these also. I have been told that they were attached to the end of a leather strap, on the end that is fed through a buckcle of some sort.

Was meant to help the leather hold up a bit longer.
 
Upvote 2
Hello, I have found these also. I have been told that they were attached to the end of a leather strap, on the end that is fed through a buckcle of some sort.

Was meant to help the leather hold up a bit longer.
Thank you Dr Plugs.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
745
Replies
4
Views
590

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom