What's new

What was this saw used for?

lumbercamp

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
948
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
This saw is 34" long with a metal handle. The teeth are 3/4" long and there is no set in the teeth.
 

Attachments

  • saw.webp
    saw.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 320
Sounds like it may be a butcher's saw for cutting through bone and tough meat sections.
 
Upvote 0
What is the handle made of wood or plastic? That thing looks dangerous. :o It almost looks fake.
 
Upvote 0
Just a guess but maybe a large drywall rip saw.
 
Upvote 0
Drywall saw.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2769.webp
    100_2769.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I hung drywall for quite a few years when I was younger and used just about any saw that would cut but Im changing my mind on the drywall saw. I dont see the need for a 3 foot long saw. 3/4 inch teeth is also longer than I recall.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Picture 003.webp
    Picture 003.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Picture 004 (3).webp
    Picture 004 (3).webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom