What's new

What Will Spinoff from Oak Island?

Higgy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
1,264
Golden Thread
0
Location
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We see it every year. Pawn Brokers spawn other pawn-type shows. Gold Rush spawns a whole bucket full of gold-related shows. Same with the Storage Wars shows. With the success of Oak Island, you simply got to expect that there will be a spinoff. So what will be the next big treasure show? Beale Codes? Lost Dutchman?

Discuss.
 
"Treasure Island" - Each week a different island is visited and stories of fabulous treasure are made up while visiting unrelated sites.

"Lunatic Fringe" - Bigfoot hosts a talk show to discuss ancient alien treasures buried by giants who served as pirates and cryptographers with the Templar Knights.

"History Channel" - A new network devoted to presenting historical figures and events in a realistic format based on facts. Nah, that will never catch on.

"Fresh Idea" - A team of writers search Hollywood for a new idea. But they always come up just short.

"Ancient Technology" - Professional architects, engineers and archaeologists explain how famous historical sites were most likely constructed. Give credit to the great thinkers and hard workers of past history and not make up foolish theories to sell books and self-promote.
 
I would think Forrest Fenn's hidden treasure might become a show . How they can sell the Oak Island program is beyond me .
I caught an episode of it a couple of days ago - talk about a wild goose chase !
 
At the end of every Oak Island show in the closing credits, it says you can have a guided tour of Oak Island, so they can keep making money on Tourism, that will be the real money pit for the future there. Its a good idea though its a pretty island and a very nice area of North America to visit.
 
New series: Pulitzer Says

pulitzer.webp
 
Well, you guys are correct. The LDM show is casting now. Be the first to look bedraggled and unhappy as you search every week for that old elusive LDM...
 
Well, you guys are correct. The LDM show is casting now. Be the first to look bedraggled and unhappy as you search every week for that old elusive LDM...

I saw that thread. I said, "I knew it."

Honestly, I think the viewing public might be getting jaded with these shows that continue to string the audience along too much. I think Oak Island guys really need to get off their asses and dig already. So far they haven't really done squat. Nothing but conjecture so far. So drain the dadgum swamp already. They go the funds to sink a 40 foot diameter hole right on top of that wooden vault, and pump all the seawater out. Why dont they do it instead of wasting time fiddling about taking trips to Europe and renting copters and such?

Nope. I think we'll have to see some SERIOUS forward movement at Oak Island before anyone else gets invested in another reality treasure show.
 
If they did find something of religious significance like the Arc of the Covenant they would keep it quite. Imagine the wars it would start.
 
I,m rooting for the new treasure show,"pimp my finds".night time hunts in the parks these guys hang out at.The diggers have to wear all the bling they have ever found.Now thats entertainment.

images.webp...rap 1.webp...singer.webp....rap 2.webp
 
If they did find something of religious significance like the Arc of the Covenant they would keep it quite. Imagine the wars it would start.


No chance of that. They have already run shows telling us we were generically created by aliens with a hard-wired lust for gold for the purpose of mining gold. The History Channel has no shame or sense of responsibility.

And this guy was a Sports Communication major at Ithaca College!

Tsoukalos_NOLA_Comic_Con_2012_A.webp
 
I saw that thread. I said, "I knew it."

Honestly, I think the viewing public might be getting jaded with these shows that continue to string the audience along too much. I think Oak Island guys really need to get off their asses and dig already. So far they haven't really done squat. Nothing but conjecture so far. So drain the dadgum swamp already. They go the funds to sink a 40 foot diameter hole right on top of that wooden vault, and pump all the seawater out. Why dont they do it instead of wasting time fiddling about taking trips to Europe and renting copters and such?

Nope. I think we'll have to see some SERIOUS forward movement at Oak Island before anyone else gets invested in another reality treasure show.
.
Maybe this is what you are saying but the entire plan is just that . Keep following the blind dog . There has never been anything to find on the damn island . So they keep doing the same ole crapola and keep filling up hour long shows. I am one of the idiots who occasionally tunes in to watch . Last week the one doofess brother takes his kid to England or Scotland to check on who else ...the Knights Templar . Well that killed two thirds of the show. Mean while the other brother with the bad mullet hairdo is wrapped up in the swamp .I wish they would all jump in and sink. Then I was treated to the two brothers searching for lost giants. Man oh man two sets of brother shows back to back ... I can't decide which pair are bigger buffoons. Tac on Scott Wohler , The Bigfoot hunters and those guys searching for mothman or whatever and you've got an entire lineup of guys the network can count on to draw an audience of Forrest Fenn loving dreamers. But I am guilty of breaking down and watching on occasion . It's like a solar eclipse I know I shouldn't look but I just can't help myself. Yup I am part of the problem...damn.
 
Last edited:
A think a logical follow-on show might be the Rick and Marty Telethon - An attempt to save two brothers from the throws of bankruptcy.
 
Todd Hoffman will buy Oak Island from the 2 brothers and take over looking for the treasure. He will spend 10 million dollars of someone else's money and find 37 cents in clad coins that were dropped by the film crew.
 
I watch and enjoy this show. But also sometimes enjoy-ScooBy Doo and Mr. Magoo.
I'd never admit I also enjoyed The Blair Witch Project.
Odd intrigue I know, but active!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom