what would you call these? Burins?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found both of these At the same site About two months apart. They look to me like they might have been hafted horizontally into a handle. Does anyone else find these? Maybe they're just choppers?

ForumRunner_20121029_115737.png

ForumRunner_20121029_115852.png

Upvote 0

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
64 yrs. Of age 728 posts and not one photo of a single artifact... I think you may be the geofact.

This comment was completely unneccesary.

At least in his 728 posts, he isn't talking back and forth with himself to amass over 2,300 mostly worthless posts in just a few months. I bet he doesn't tattle tale to the mods when someone disagrees with him either.

Gatorboy.....the new SOHIO......

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
You guys are going to make me put my Bob Marley avatar back up. Come on guys "one love" come on, we can do it!!!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 said:
This comment was completely unneccesary.

At least in his 728 posts, he isn't talking back and forth with himself to amass over 2,300 mostly worthless posts in just a few months. I bet he doesn't tattle tale to the mods when someone disagrees with him either.

Gatorboy.....the new SOHIO......

Hahaha.. I love it..waaa waaa

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waaa.. Thank you for the compliment!!!

Last edited:
N

natchitoches

SOHIO a compliment? the guy who told all the new people there rocks was artifacts.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He didn't bite his tongue. That's what I respected most. You got the real him. If that rubbed you wrong then that was the way it was. It was honest. Nobody. has to like someone to respect who and what they are. Just like me here now. I'm not going to concern myself over a few peoples opinions.. after all this is only a form.. everybody is free to click wherever they want. If I hop on someone's thread and post nothing but the word geofact and that person gets aggravated with me that's not going to surprise me or even come close to bothering me. the guy tells me I must not have graduated high school and I rape archaeological sites..
And I have these want to be do gooders jumping all over me that's funny.

Last edited:

vegalyrae

Oct 26, 2012
south shore ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"64 yrs. Of age 728 posts and not one photo of a single artifact... I think you may be the geofact. "

"I work with the local Historical Society... several local archaeologists.. graduated from a 4 year State University.. studied paleontology..anthropology .... ect... I hunt artifacts on sites which I have permission..ect... go break a hip. "

"raping of archaeological sites."

you know there are more cordial and less rude ways of disagreeing with a person. geeze. can you guys just respect eachother's opinions and agree to disagree without insults?

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wetfly said:
The negativity in some of these posts is uncalled for!! I cant understand why a person would want to belittle and bash someone for enjoying his or her hobby? I love to see all the pictures of everyone's finds and gator, keep up the posts man , always love to see what you might find next!! Awesome collection by the way!

I think I forgot to say thank you.

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all you trash talking fellows, they have a forum for fossils... climb down off your cheesasaurus rex, and go take your outdated, high school name calling there... its getting prehistoric

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Jonathan! Cheesasaurus Rex! OMG.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
that is the sweetest smashed point I think I have seen...obviously impact damage, a lot like a bullet

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
" If I hop on someone's thread and post nothing but the word geofact and that person gets aggravated with me that's not going to surprise me or even come close to bothering me. "

But you take exception when it happens to you. Obviously you have an extensive academic and hands on education which is why many of us find it puzzling that you ponder questionable artifacts.
For what it's worth, in my earlier post, I did not mean to agree that you were raping sites, I support anyone that does it legally and I have never doubted or questioned that you are doing it right and I accept responsibility for those of you that assumed that I agreed to that. However, I do take exception to any poster that calls into question a fellow members age, lack of posts and no posts with artifacts and further wishes upon him a broken hip for the simple reason that he has disagreed. That's not how we roll on this site and in life. Many would suggest that if you have you're mind made up on an artifact, don't ask for an opinion, just state what you think it is then let the chips fall. It's apparent that this site provides us with quality feedback when we need answers but we limit our quest when we alienate anyone....even Harry and SOHIO. Chill out with respect and be the expert that you are, all of us will benefit. And for God's sake, stop talking to yourself...LOL.

Respectfully;

Jamie

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done.. and my apologies where they are needed. Mostly just the age and geo fact post. everything after that reminded me of a cat fight. I really wish expressions were visible in printed text.. I was joking for God's sake then all of a sudden everyone went for my throat. Anyway can we squash this. I'm pooped..LOL. Thanks for appreciating that point UnlcleMac. I display it Like it's a badge of Honor That belongs to a fallen friend. It's funny you mentioned How it looks like a bullet I found a minie ball just a few days ago in the same area. I know this is the wrong form but look at this one.

ForumRunner_20121030_225656.png

ForumRunner_20121030_225812.png

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That hit something other than dirt. ...and don't sweat the geo-fact thing...I plan to post more of those from time to time for sure. The problem with most of the "not-a-facts" for me is usually the context that I find them in. You know..."now what are you and why are you in this old village site." Not just stray odd looking rocks found in the river.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
64 yrs. Of age 728 posts and not one photo of a single artifact... I think you may be the geofact.

I work with the local Historical Society... several local archaeologists.. graduated from a 4 year State University.. studied paleontology..anthropology .... ect... I hunt artifacts on sites which I have permission..ect... go break a hip.

Let me explain.. I am very hard headed when it comes to ignorance teaming up with arrogance to take space on 1 of my threads. The fact that you quoted that shows that you read them.. I'm sure if you are so academically gifted as to agree with that you could be spending your time more efficiently.. like rewriting the theory of relativity or something.. now if you just dislike me I'm very happy with that.. and all you need to do is not click on my post. That will be 3 dollars for the entertainment.. thank you.

Austin posting the word geofact was not an insult nor an attack, but an opinion on the rock you posted, you turn around and attack him for his age. Your comments violate our rules and you do so multiple times in this thread..........Attacking someone's age is against our rules........By the way I am also 64.....:headbang:

Once a thread is posted in OUR forum it isn't "your thread" it is then TreasureNet's thread......

Take the time to read our rules when you return before you post again..............

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator is on a 1 week time out....

Please treat other members the same way you want to be treated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread