what would you call these? Burins?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found both of these At the same site About two months apart. They look to me like they might have been hafted horizontally into a handle. Does anyone else find these? Maybe they're just choppers?

ForumRunner_20121029_115737.png

ForumRunner_20121029_115852.png

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
64 yrs. Of age 728 posts and not one photo of a single artifact... I think you may be the geofact.

You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you?

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work with the local Historical Society... several local archaeologists.. graduated from a 4 year State University.. studied paleontology..anthropology .... ect... I hunt artifacts on sites which I have permission..ect... go break a hip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:
You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you?

Just ignorant huh? Sorry about your bad luck. 729 posts now..still nothing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:

Why would you make a statement like that when you had no idea if you were correct or not?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
"You see my posts.. and my replies.. I'm not irrational or hard headed about anything.. I always take into account other people's views and opinions and always egknowledge that I may be incorrect"

Really?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
"You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you? "

Agree

wetfly

Aug 8, 2012
The negativity in some of these posts is uncalled for!! I cant understand why a person would want to belittle and bash someone for enjoying his or her hobby? I love to see all the pictures of everyone's finds and gator, keep up the posts man , always love to see what you might find next!! Awesome collection by the way!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are funny.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Gater, you silly boy. You have way to many artifacts. I think you should cull your collection. I'll be pming my address. that is a beautiful collection!!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.m. me I can do that

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 said:
"You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you? "

Agree

Really? You must be Cranky because you haven't been able to dig since you injured your lat. Did you do that while raping an archaeological site? Looks like it to me.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 said:
"You see my posts.. and my replies.. I'm not irrational or hard headed about anything.. I always take into account other people's views and opinions and always egknowledge that I may be incorrect"

Really?

Let me explain.. I am very hard headed when it comes to ignorance teaming up with arrogance to take space on 1 of my threads. The fact that you quoted that shows that you read them.. I'm sure if you are so academically gifted as to agree with that you could be spending your time more efficiently.. like rewriting the theory of relativity or something.. now if you just dislike me I'm very happy with that.. and all you need to do is not click on my post. That will be 3 dollars for the entertainment.. thank you.

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Gator, na I was kidding. My daughter says I have way to much "stuff".
& 1320 musta gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. wow. hope he's not in govt.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What the heck are you doing with obsidian in Florida? Love that smashed piece, center picture, center bottom...looks like someone either hit the bone or missed!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning.. those are worked black bottle glass. They came from a site where the Spanish built a fort in the 16 Hundred's and worked together with the local Native tribe. then the English arrived and everything went downhill from there. That piece with the impact fracture is made from Raw Coral And still has asphaltum residue on the stem. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:
Let me explain.. I am very hard headed when it comes to ignorance teaming up with arrogance to take space on 1 of my threads. The fact that you quoted that shows that you read them.. I'm sure if you are so academically gifted as to agree with that you could be spending your time more efficiently.. like rewriting the theory of relativity or something.. now if you just dislike me I'm very happy with that.. and all you need to do is not click on my post. That will be 3 dollars for the entertainment.. thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread