What's new

what would you call these? Burins?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found both of these At the same site About two months apart. They look to me like they might have been hafted horizontally into a handle. Does anyone else find these? Maybe they're just choppers?

ForumRunner_20121029_115737.webp



ForumRunner_20121029_115852.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yeah man.
 
64 yrs. Of age 728 posts and not one photo of a single artifact... I think you may be the geofact.

You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you?
 
I work with the local Historical Society... several local archaeologists.. graduated from a 4 year State University.. studied paleontology..anthropology .... ect... I hunt artifacts on sites which I have permission..ect... go break a hip.
 
Last edited:
austin said:
You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you?

Just ignorant huh? Sorry about your bad luck. 729 posts now..still nothing.
 
Last edited:
tncreeker said:
We need a thumbs down,,dislike button. Just saying,,,

I agree
 
austin said:
You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you?

Why would you make a statement like that when you had no idea if you were correct or not?
 
"You see my posts.. and my replies.. I'm not irrational or hard headed about anything.. I always take into account other people's views and opinions and always egknowledge that I may be incorrect"

Really?
 
"You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you? "

Agree
 
The negativity in some of these posts is uncalled for!! I cant understand why a person would want to belittle and bash someone for enjoying his or her hobby? I love to see all the pictures of everyone's finds and gator, keep up the posts man , always love to see what you might find next!! Awesome collection by the way!
 
People are funny.
 
Gater, you silly boy. You have way to many artifacts. I think you should cull your collection. I'll be pming my address. that is a beautiful collection!!
 
P.m. me I can do that
 
1320 said:
"You have no formal training, you rape archeological sites and you make up your own identifications of simple items. Why not just take a class in a community college, that is, if you have a high school education. Does the Florida Historical Resources office know about you? "

Agree

Really? You must be Cranky because you haven't been able to dig since you injured your lat. Did you do that while raping an archaeological site? Looks like it to me.
 
1320 said:
"You see my posts.. and my replies.. I'm not irrational or hard headed about anything.. I always take into account other people's views and opinions and always egknowledge that I may be incorrect"

Really?

Let me explain.. I am very hard headed when it comes to ignorance teaming up with arrogance to take space on 1 of my threads. The fact that you quoted that shows that you read them.. I'm sure if you are so academically gifted as to agree with that you could be spending your time more efficiently.. like rewriting the theory of relativity or something.. now if you just dislike me I'm very happy with that.. and all you need to do is not click on my post. That will be 3 dollars for the entertainment.. thank you.
 
Last edited:
Gator, na I was kidding. My daughter says I have way to much "stuff".
& 1320 musta gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. wow. hope he's not in govt.
 
What the heck are you doing with obsidian in Florida? Love that smashed piece, center picture, center bottom...looks like someone either hit the bone or missed!
 
Good morning.. those are worked black bottle glass. They came from a site where the Spanish built a fort in the 16 Hundred's and worked together with the local Native tribe. then the English arrived and everything went downhill from there. That piece with the impact fracture is made from Raw Coral And still has asphaltum residue on the stem. Thanks for the reply.
 
Last edited:
:laughing7:
Let me explain.. I am very hard headed when it comes to ignorance teaming up with arrogance to take space on 1 of my threads. The fact that you quoted that shows that you read them.. I'm sure if you are so academically gifted as to agree with that you could be spending your time more efficiently.. like rewriting the theory of relativity or something.. now if you just dislike me I'm very happy with that.. and all you need to do is not click on my post. That will be 3 dollars for the entertainment.. thank you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom