What's new

whats the oldest coin you've found?

Bugalooob

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a new York city park I found a 1804 Spanish reale silver coin, I have no idea how it got there but it was only 2 inches deep...(maybe some kid dipped into his dads coin collection ?
 
I found a 1829 Spanish Mexican 8 Reale 7" deep. My pride and joy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
My oldest coin was an 1868 Indian head at about 3 inches inches, with very good detail. I found it with my Ace 250.
 
1740's Portuguese copper. I know coins that old out on the East Coast are a dime a dozen. But here in California , that's pretty durned old, haha
 
I found a 1829 Spanish Mexican 8 Reale 7" deep. My pride and joy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet ! I'd love to find an 8 reale, but 4 is the biggest I've ever managed (wanna trade ? haha)
 
7th century AD Byzantine copper coin from a plantation in South Carolina. The house has been long gone, the former owner apparently collected ancient coins...200 years ago.
 
My oldest coins is a Chinese coin I dug in Ohio, It has no date but they were minted from the late 1600's into the early 1700's.
 
2015 Penny. Found it last year.


Just kidding.
 
Sweet ! I'd love to find an 8 reale, but 4 is the biggest I've ever managed (wanna trade ? haha)

Lol I'll think about it. I dug it in the historic part of town. Most of the town is concreted in, but there was that "one strip". The grass In between the side walk and the street. Yes I went there! Lol Right in front of a lawyers office as people walked passed me. An awkward couple of minutes ( which felt much longer ) turn into one of the best days of my life. I liked to died.
8d1eb9d549508513f00d7b31e1751b3f.jpg
33a3cf2360bad60d4b05db4e2fb903d4.jpg
899733297c64a55fbbd62c0d946dbcb8.jpg
806857d588bf0fab2ba37505fb06ddea.jpg
ebfb0ededcd2b43e6f50b9767c081b18.jpg

My wife laughs at me wearing it. Lol I told her, "Get use to it because you'll be burying me with this sucka."


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lol I'll think about it. I dug it in the historic part of town. Most of the town is concreted in, but there was that "one strip". The grass In between the side walk and the street. Yes I went there! Lol Right in front of a lawyers office as people walked passed me. An awkward couple of minutes ( which felt much longer ) turn into one of the best days of my life. I liked to died.
8d1eb9d549508513f00d7b31e1751b3f.jpg
33a3cf2360bad60d4b05db4e2fb903d4.jpg
899733297c64a55fbbd62c0d946dbcb8.jpg
806857d588bf0fab2ba37505fb06ddea.jpg
ebfb0ededcd2b43e6f50b9767c081b18.jpg

My wife laughs at me wearing it. Lol I told her, "Get use to it because you'll be burying me with this sucka."


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that picture doesn't even show the coin! My bad lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1789 half real.... Still on cloud 9 from that one!!!!!
 
Hi; English = A Celtic Stater - BC , American = 1652 Pine Tree Shilling.
Oldest Find = A Viking Chieftains Sword, 912 AD
PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:
 
The 1863 civil war coin/token that I found a couple weeks back in the coin counting machine reject tray. Didn't dig it but still one of my best finds.
 
The 1863 civil war coin/token that I found a couple weeks back in the coin counting machine reject tray. Didn't dig it but still one of my best finds.

That's awesome!!! Was it at Walmart?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1777 Spanish 2 Reale in my yard in western, PA. The neighborhood was built in the late 40's and that coin was 1 foot away from the fill dirt that was dumped for the next door neighbors house. That's what make me think the coin belonged to a neighbor kid who lost it playing in the dirt. or perhaps it was in the fill dirt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom