What's new

whats the oldest coin you've found?

1777 Spanish 2 Reale in my yard in western, PA. The neighborhood was built in the late 40's and that coin was 1 foot away from the fill dirt that was dumped for the next door neighbors house. That's what make me think the coin belonged to a neighbor kid who lost it playing in the dirt. or perhaps it was in the fill dirt.

Incredible!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1736 Irish Half penny barely covered with dirt against a small rock in my front yard
 
1863 IHP Found in a park in Waco Tx.
 
That's awesome!!! Was it at Walmart?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it was at a grocery store near my home that has a branch bank with a self serve coin counting machine. I check it every time I stop in to buy groceries and got really lucky this time. Two coins were left behind and the civil war token was one of them - same size and coloring as a regular cent.
 
Well I can't lie... I gave up on old coins. After a few hours of digging and all I found was 3 1909-S VDB's and one 1793 Liberty Cap large cent... I just gave up. I quit because my old bones just can't take the stress anymore.

Now I only work on finding horseshoes from old horses from our founding fathers.

But I wish all the best.... (Guess ya gotta be me).... Brad.
 
14355079_10210667401831322_1585097478312824378_n.webp 14370137_10210667402111329_2349916072669688911_n.webp this was my oldest
 
1666 Dorchester Farthing and a 1712 French 6 Deniers in the same site along a river in upstate SC.

SCdigger
 
1803 half Reale
 
In the fall of 2014, I found a 1696 William III Shilling while working a circa 1697 homestead. The coin was about 9” down, was an iffy signal, fairly high ground mineralization and perhaps on an angle.
 
My oldest coins is a Chinese coin I dug in Ohio, It has no date but they were minted from the late 1600's into the early 1700's.

Loco-Digger

try this website to date your Chinese coin - it has pictures, etc for each Dynasty
Chinese Coins
 
1723 Hibernia 1/2 cent ( on right)
b3a501d324e2fb6192e2fbf8b2543f0b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom