Whats the significance of your selected profile name?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I started as a Coin roll hunter on here, and mainly stayed on the CRH forum, CRH is a hobby of finding coins in circulation so what better name than Coinman?? In April of 2013 I bought a metal detector and that became my favorite hobby even though I do $1000+ in coins a week CRH, the most in the winter. Like I said, Coinman was taken so I just did "123" after the name. There you have it!!! A name is created!

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started as a Coin roll hunter on here, and mainly stayed on the CRH forum, CRH is a hobby of finding coins in circulation so what better name than Coinman?? In April of 2013 I bought a metal detector and that became my favorite hobby even though I do $1000+ in coins a week CRH, the most in the winter. Like I said, Coinman was taken so I just did "123" after the name. There you have it!!! A name is created!

"Coinman1000" would've worked too! Haha

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine isn't very.... well it's just a nickname I got from when u was younger. it's what everyone in my group called beans here. I was the skiddum king. that's a hole Nother story. I'll tell it if anyone decides they'd like to know it but not here. later it moved to a different name because that's where it led and then turned to Wolf cause of my business practices and other things. I got out of that but kept the nick name just cause it's extremely unique. the only people who new of what it ment was a small majority of people and they where mainly in my group of X friends. So now it's meaning is me. I'm Skiddum and Skiddum is me.

Kauziamos

May 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So funny, I was just thinking about starting a thread like this yesterday when I was curious about some of the profile names I was seeing. Then boom, this thread appears at the top of the home page the next day! As for mine, Kauziamos, well, it started about 20 years ago when I was in Japan, and I bought a shirt that was ripping off Adidas, but it said Kazides under the logo instead. I soon figured out that Kazi is fire in Japanese, and I guess that Kazides was just Kazi Americanized? I liked that, and always figured I should have a cool alter ego name like Prince or Madonna, you know just in case, so I came up with Kaziamos-Kazi (fire) and amos which -pluralizes it, spanish stylee. So, seeing as how I made it up, it's to mean, we're on fire, or we're fired up! And I've been using it here and there ever since. Now, to fit in around these here parts, I figured all I needed to do was add a U to put gold in my name! Voilà!

4seasons

Apr 14, 2009
4seasons... because i love all of them and hunting them.. and here in NC we have a distinct 4seasonal change.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For about the past fifteen years I have been working on pinball machines. I bet I have had just under 100 come and go in that time. Some of the "Picker" TV shows have almost killed that hobby for me as people now think their game in the basement that hasn't worked in the last thirty years is worth ten times what it actually is. I am also addicted to SOHC Honda motorcycles...as long as they are not running and almost ready to be sent to the scrap yard I want/need them...its a sickness. Now I want to spend all my free time looking for old pennies with my MD...Man I am glad I don't have a "problem" with any of these hobbies...and please don't tell my Wife about the motorcycle I just put under the carport :)

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molewacker - given to me as friends watched me chase a mole with a flat shovel.

stratos

Mar 4, 2012
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello T Netters, Well I like to chase bass,as you can see by the pic. I started to detect 2yrs ago to fill in some down time. I also enjoy taking pictures, and carry a camera with me all the time.

This is a great site, with great people and some beautiful stories. sunset VCL.jpg

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underminer is the name of a character from the Disney movie The Incredibles. He is a villain who makes money by digging into and plundering bank vaults and anything else of value he can access under the ground. An underminer is also defined as something that washes away supporting material from beneath. As a treasure hunter I dig alot into things so it seemed appropriate. Unfortunately it probably wasn't the best name to use because it can also be interpreted as meaning someone who subverts or weakens others, which is the opposite of what I do. In the end I just needed a name and picked one, I should have been more creative but what you gonna do 😅
03f01df3-b0b1-4e3c-9966-d3b071c4d95c_1.a157c22fec034c8b0dc30426c2d9f525.jpeg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....my name is Bart, and one of the most notorious pirates in history was Black Bart. I like to think and pretend I'm a notorious pirate !! And its a bit more respectable than Bart the fart !! I answer to many other nick names also.....chief...from the movie jaws, because I was a shark fisherman for so many years. Bartyls from the drink bartyls & James. Sometimes I go by simpson.....because of the popularity of Bart simpson......and then some still call me smokey....from the days when I always had a joint hanging from my lips !! Some prefer my real name and like to call me Bartholomew also.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pepper after our first black cat, and the J for Jim.
So I remember her everyday I sign on
And it also gives me a hint of what my name is again.:laughing7:

Breed

Apr 8, 2021
Jackson, AL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ ,Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always been called Breed as my last name is Breedlove

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread