What's new

Whats this?

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
6,488
Reaction score
2,111
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's this?

DSCF2599.webp

Some sort of military pin?? Any ideas.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2599.webp
    DSCF2599.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 482
Re: What's this?

It looks the same;
DSCF2619.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

WG- Hood ornament? I cant tell the size of it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

don't know what it is, but it sure is pretty! hope you can get it ID'd
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

bigcypresshunter said:
WG- Hood ornament? I cant tell the size of it.
4.7 Cm from head to tail that's about 1.85"
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

Eu_citzen said:
bigcypresshunter said:
WG- Hood ornament? I cant tell the size of it.
4.7 Cm from head to tail that's about 1.85"
thanks. I couldnt tell the size by comparing to the wood grain. :tard:Is that a chiklet? Its too small for a hood ornament.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

bigcypresshunter said:
Eu_citzen said:
bigcypresshunter said:
WG- Hood ornament? I cant tell the size of it.
4.7 Cm from head to tail that's about 1.85"
thanks. I couldnt tell the size by comparing to the wood grain. :tard: Its too small for a hood ornament.
No? I thought you where a mathematical genius. :o ;D :D :wink:
J/K

Though let's try not to get to far from topic.. It's easy to drift away. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

No problem. ;D 8) But you been here long enough to know we need something for size. ;D I didnt realize that rock was a chiklet. :D I hope someone can ID.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

bigcypresshunter said:
No problem. ;D 8) But you been here long enough to know we need something for size. ;D I didnt realize that rock was a chiklet. :D I hope someone can ID.

I was having a senior moment, forgetting to tell size. :-X

I never thought of hood ornament since they are rather rare here. (never got popular) :-\

My own research is a dead end, I can't find anything. :-\
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

Mercury had a car that had small emblems mounted by the headlights, one on each side. I'm to lazy to find one on the web :icon_jokercolor:!
I can't remember what year :icon_scratch: I think it was a 1940's car........
zztop
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

it looks like the top of a small flag pole
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

In terms of the design and idea, I think you folks have it right... I'm not saying it's a hood or headlight ornament, but the way the eagle is designed, the emphasis is on the Speed of the bird.


And the 45 degree angle at which the wings are set, and the angular design would lead me in the Art Deco direction--1930s or 40s.



Best Wishes,



Buckleboy
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

In doing some more looking, it seems that the hood ornaments almost always had the wings spread no matter whether it was a bird or fictitious creature with wings...


I really think this item came off of a clock similar to the one in the first two links on this google search.  For some reason I can't get the links to open, but the clock is Art Deco, and maybe a similar one can be found elsewhere. The way the feet are nonexistent on your dug example are consistent with this design.


http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=snyderstreasures+clock+"art+deco"


Best Wishes,


Buckleboy
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

looks like a solid match to me .
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

bigcypresshunter said:
Eu_citzen said:
Hey I think we might have a ID thanks to a fellow Swede.

bicycle ornament seems to be the answer:
http://www.tradera.com/Skarmmarke-Orn-auktion_82645914

Still will look on an other matches though. :coffee2:
I never heard of a bicycle ornament but it sure looks like a match.


How did you ever find it?

I roughly translated it, ornament does not have to be the right word.

A fellow Swede knew what it was.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

Yes, I was thinking WWII German or American.

Actually I even thought military. I don't see any resemblance of it being a car ornament.

If you look closely at the first pic it looks like it has remains of a pin there, that's why I thought military. A medal or similar.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this?

Angelo said:
Here's a catalogue page with similar mounts and the brackets for them.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...228797012&images=228797012&formats=0&format=0

Being an eagle and all, wondering if it was an American export. I still remember the days when we used to export goods rather than jobs.

Tony
Very good link Angelo. That explains more about bicycle ornaments and how they attach. I need to get one for my bike! :D I guess its broken on the bottom.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom