Whats your favorite metal detector?

I like all that I have and all that I have had. Experience is what seperates the finds. Get to know what your detector is telling you. There are no bad detectors ou there(unless you buy a toy or Chinese made cheapo). I've had all the major brands. Right now its a Bounty Hunter for trashy areas,
and a Treasure Baron for relics, and gold.

My MXT, hands down. I've had a couple of others over the last few years and I keep going back to it.

Which is the best metal detector to use in Georgia looking specifically for placer deposits and nuggets. Some of the time, it will be used on the banks looking for related items to the first gold rush in America. Everything I see points to White's MTX-300 or Garrets Gold Scorpion - however I noted through comments on the products that many of the Garrett customers traded in their units or upgraded to A White's MTX Series.

I'm finding out that the X-terra 70 is the equal of the MXT. You may want to look at it as well.

Just got a DFX 300 with Whites new 10.25 coil,Havent got it going yet will soon. Hope Tabdog sees this. Should improve my work at the Tot Lots Etc Etc.

Dear group;
For nuggets and deep relics I like my Minelab SD2100. For coin shooting and modern shallow stuff I like my Whites' GMT-E. For getting frustrated and upset, I like my Minelab GP-3000.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Mines is the one who can find the most. :thumbsup:

P.s. Tab, that is one far out machine. :wink:

The one I get to using the most! I like whites xlt,fisher coinstrike,and I am getting a minelab xterra 70,which I hopewill be my favorite ;D Whatever you learn how use the most,usually turns out to be your favorite at the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back