What's new

Where Did All The Deer Go ?

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,666
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another deer hunter in our area ....
 

Attachments

  • Cougar 1.webp
    Cougar 1.webp
    82.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Cougar 2.webp
    Cougar 2.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Cougar 3.webp
    Cougar 3.webp
    74 KB · Views: 117
  • Cougar 4.webp
    Cougar 4.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 122
A typical adult cougar will/can eat three to four adult deer a month. Add in
what the wolves get, and yep, it can put a dent in the population.
 
Dizzy ... For sure, his freezer is fuller than ours ..

pepperj ... yes he taking care of himself very well ..

Tpmetal ... Wish I could and wish I had your problem ...
 
The dent in Michigan deer population is because of unlimited doe tags for the last few years.
There is a few Cougars hiding in these woods, must be getting hungry..
 
BEARS!
A fawn is born nearly scentless. That’s why they have evolved to just lie still. A bear’s scent senses are so powerful they can easily sniff out a fresh fawn. They just stride over and grab it off the ground with little resistance. Easy daily snack, many times two at a feeding.
 
Where did all the deer go....THATS EASY...... .? Potter county pa and steuben county NY... ...PLEASE come and get some.... BULWINKLE was in my yard last week a monster and a a couple days later I saw him standing tall in the field next to his twin brother.....
 
Nice pictures :) Trail camera????
 
Nice pictures :) Trail camera????
Thanks Gare and yes these are trail cams. This one at this location will remain there with new batteries and a solar panel until April 2026 (next April)
We left it there last year for 6 months over the winter and sure was a lot of action with the high light being 2 younger bucks have a good fight...
Will be interesting next April to see what shows up ......
 
What is the make of that camera ? Does it send you pictures or just take the pictures ?
 
What is the make of that camera ? Does it send you pictures or just take the pictures ?
I use the GardePro A3S as it has been the best trail cam I have found. The detection range is great at 30 - 35 yards, the audio is superb and one has to watch
what you say as it will pick it up a good 50 yards away and the night vision is the best as it throws a soft light way out there giving a smooth clear image as opposed
to most of them that have a short blast white where it is hard to tell what you are looking at. The price point is also great at around $60.00 to $70.00 Canadian funds
but one has to wait for the price to drop as it often does and that is when I've bought... (pic attached) I have the regular cam and not wi-fi so I check the cards every 3 - 4 weeks.
I see PikesPeakCharlie also has a GardePro and I'm sure he will agree..
 

Attachments

  • Cam Gardepro a3s.webp
    Cam Gardepro a3s.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 52
I have 3 of the spy point cellular with rechargeable batteries. They have been working for about 4 years. The cellular part is kinda expensive but enjoy watching the wild life. I tried the Browning but had to much trouble with them.
 
Which I had some of those near me to eat the deer who have decimated my pea crop.
Some areas here in B.C. have the very same problem also UnderMiner and this year the count is up for Chronic Wasting Disease ( CWD )
Early in the new year in that area they are allowing each hunter three deer to lower those numbers....
 

Attachments

  • cwd-map.webp
    cwd-map.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
Some areas here in B.C. have the very same problem also UnderMiner and this year the count is up for Chronic Wasting Disease ( CWD )
Early in the new year in that area they are allowing each hunter three deer to lower those numbers....
Need to outlaw baiting in the central/eastern US. Group feeding is a problem.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom