Which Are the Most Credible Lost/Hidden Gold Sites?

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I was fascinated by Heinrich Schliemann's discovery of the legendary city of Troy. He did find real gold there and he smuggled much of it out across the borders. The famous city was believed to be "just a story", but he finally proved everyone that Troy did indeed exist!

Now... how many other "believable" stories do you think there are out there? Because I've heard about several dozens of storied, just one doesn't know how many of them have a grain of truth in them.

We're swimming in a profusion of legends, stories and lies and inflated superficial rumours with thin amounts of real documents, not many real clues... So it's sometimes hard to find a believable one.

I think the Reichsbank's Waldsee hidden gold story is another believable one...

Any others you'd recommend looking into?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello El Dorado Seeker

There are many treasure legends will turn out to be nothing more than legends. However there are some legends if your prepared to do the research will reveal missing or lost treasures. Its foolish to think all treasure legends are real and foolish to dismiss all treasure legends either.

It all comes down to research, research and more research.

You can't expect to get the real document thrown at you either. You have to do the hard yards to get those documents and even then there is no guarantees. Many settle for a particular legend and fall into the trap spending the rest of their lives building persudo evidence around a percived theory they have become obsessed with. There are plenty of those examples on this website. You have to be cold and calculating and go where the established facts take you.

Remember one thing researching treasure legends is definatly not a way to get rich quick. Very few will be succesful from their endevours. Most will fail because they do not understand the enormity of the task sorting fact from fiction.Some times it can take years.

Today we have an amazing tool to help you research legends. It can help you fnd book stores old journals,maps, books, documents of all kinds in universities and archives and depositories and even contacts. its right at your finger tips.

Some times it the journey that matters and not the destination.

Have fun.

Crow

Last edited:
OP
OP
El Dorado Seeker

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, so I see literally no-one said anything I didn't already know.

I think the vast majority of treasure stories are fake. There must be a handful of real treasures hiding out there, somewhere... I think the historical evidences are extremely important...

Documents are often created one after another. So, if the source is mere fantasy or diversion or assumption, then lots and lots created on basis of that will be mere derivatives... literally: lies about lies, assumptions about assumptions...

Sometimes tremendous effort is required to extract the treasures. Too bad. If you don't have about 25 strong and some skilled men, a ship, potentially trucks and lots of expensive equipment... you can only go for the "small target".

Too bad that sometimes the effort is immense.

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
El Dorado Seeker...great thread. Have a 20 year project....for you.

Crow...great answer to El Dorado Seeker. You're a heavy thinker too.

I'm looking for a couple of heavy thinkers for my work. Wish to send you both a PM with starter information and my personal location information.
Please e-mail me and I will further inform you both of my project. Look for a PM...the information will be the same for both of you.

Thanks.

Legrand

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning El Dorado: Coffee first. There are plenty of legends and lost treasures that are true. But as Crow mentioned, you have your work cut out for you, since many have been sought for from the start of their life, obviously without success..

Most have had so much conflicting data posted on them, much of which is constantly reworked a bit each time that it resurfaces, that very little remains of the basic data. from which to form a practical approach.

Today, you have a tremendous advantage in that you have the world's knowledge at your fingertips, you only have to take advantage of it.

You also have the advantage that you can personally contact those that have sought the actual prize before you and failed, or simply never followed up their conclusions for one reason or another.

Milk El Senor Crow, he is probably one of the best that I know of.

Don Jose de La Mancha

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Crow...thanks for viewing the PM.
El Dorado Seeker....please check you PM from Legrand.
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp....I've sent you the PM also.

Legrand

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your best bet for success is from unpublished treasure stories. There are a thousand times more, and some have never been searched for. gl.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Uh...?!?!
Did I miss something? Was there an answer to the original question somewhere in this thread?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Nobody, your two posts ought to be read, reread, printed and saved. You obviously have a grasp on human nature and how it can be manipulated. Your first post ought to be a no-brainer for rational minds , and the second spotlights a classic example of deliberate disinformation.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, coffee? I agree both posts should be read by all. However, as to the basic story, while I have never followed it up carefully, or delved into it , the story is actually logical and believable.

In simple words, some rich Mexicans had advance information that the US gov't was going to relax their rules of ownership, and also raise the price of gold to increase the dollar value of the gold that they had confiscated. A probable 60 % profit, minus transportation and handling costs.

So they logically looked for a way to acquire Gold and ship it clandestinely to the US to take advantage of the potential increase in price. Remember it was still strictly illegal to possess Gold in the US. Mexico also had / has strict laws on importing / exporting Gold without a permit and paying the appropriate taxes.

They chose a pilot to fly it across the frontier, driving was not an option. Just as the present day Narco gangs do, they prob had a way to insure the 'honesty' of the pilot, besides premium pay. snicker.

The deal fell apart after transporting various bars, so what would you do with a load of illegal Gold bars already in the US? Send them back to Mexico, or simply bury them for the future and wait for legalization of the bars in the US, which wasn't done for many years yet.

Bury them, leaving some one in charge? Apparently the subsequent moves, map making, and burying of the bars was done under the care of the watchman.

From there it does get a bit raggety, but still possible logically.

As for multiple maps etc, it was not uncommon to divide a map or to cut it into a no. of fragments for security. even today. In my case, this was done.

The Guayajiros made a map of the richest Gold Placer in Sonora on a goat skin, then divided the map into two parts.

I have one, but just as I was about to be given access to the other, the Mayo river flooded the area where the other 1/2 map was stored, and in the process soaked it so badly, that they found that the skin map had been ruined.

However it was not a complete loss since I already knew where it had to be. NO, I have not followed it up.

Sooo when you put it all together, it is not an impossible story either way.

So ya throw the dice and place all on the toss. :dontknow:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Sometimes the booty gets bigger as the story makes the rounds, kinda like eating goat meat cooked by a novice goat cook. I would settle for 17 hundred pounds of gold any day.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Ladies,. & gentlemen First, coffee while we sit around the fire to get warm internally, as well as externally.

The amount really is not the critical point, as in most stories, it increases exponentially as time goes by and with the retelling.

However for comparative data, may I suggest that we review some of the data from my Tayopa zone.

One of the Jesuit maps on Tayopa etc., lists a main deposit of, among other things, 640 mule loads of Dore Bars of Gold, and 1200 bars of sliver. Since other things on the map have been proven correct, we can assume that probably the rest are reasonably correct also, no?

Now the average load for a mule in that terrain is between 2 - 300 lbs. Using the lower value, we come to around 64 tons of unreported production for the area.

Now unreported production - tax free - is / was big business, so the possibility of 17 tons of Gold for sale here and there is definitely possible.

I wonder what the narcos buy yearly to launder money??

In other words, yes the 'basic' story could well be correct. The MOO and technique is quite possible, and to a lesser extent is being being practiced daily.

What was the official Gold production in Mexico in the 1930's? Last year it was approx. 87 tones, unofficially ???

miningmenbios.myfreeforum.org :: MEXICO MINING NEWS 1930

So my reccomedation is to not get too practical or efficient, but allow leeway for each story teller's bit of personal interpretation. Add em up, and if you like what you see, go for it.

Remember, if all were cut and dried logically, none would be missing today.

Don Jose de La Mancha

WWhirled

Jul 11, 2013
Socorro
Detector(s) used
non dissclosde
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a lost one that is found . But ted tuner will not let us finsh The project The est . $ amount was 1.5 billon $ at the time of the start a year ago . It is On the pardo land grant # 33 by T or C NM. Its size is apx 54 qubic feet of Spanish gold And no it is not the gold of victoras peek. this is the gold of the far chirstabal Mine . I have prof it is there .

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
..... And I would like to pose a question/humble request to Springfield, in the manner he did to CJ in the LDM forum:

Setting aside any credible tales concerning caches of one metal or another left for one reason or another and during some time period or another since what conventional History would tell us was the first arrival of Old Worlders in North/Central/South America (be they Spanish, French, Catholic or Portugese) after 1492, I would be most appreciative if you would share your thoughts on a couple things after stomping around in the hills for a while:

• Forgetting the who, what do you believe to be the motivation behind some of the intentional manipulation you perceive?
  • Of the aforementioned groups, do you think that any of them were intentionally searching for something that wasn't simply a natural resource, like gold? If so, do you think they found it?
  • You have mentioned Astrotheology and I have seen pics you have posted of ram's heads (that I don't know that I see in a couple). What is your running theory on who left those monuments, why they left them, what they were doing here, and how Astrotheology (with which I am very familiar) ties into it all.

Fair enough. Interesting questions, ones that I too have been asking for years. Of course there are no definitive answers yet available to us sheeple, but I guess I can throw out some greatly simplified ideas from my current thought cloud. My ideas have developed from my own experiences with input from a mentor and others.

• The motivation underlying the treasure legends: Obfuscation of facts. By substituting coded messages ('treasure legends') designed to confuse outsiders (us), the insiders have created a database of secure information that document the true locations of caches of valuables. The caches are secured from the outsiders because they are searching in the wrong places, probably for the wrong things.
  • Are the goods something else besides gold? Two schools of thought here. 1) Religious artifacts. This theory, despite all the Knights Templar and Mormon hoopla, is a red herring, IMO. Even though these alleged relics would give power over the masses to those who possessed them, this is ultimately a moot point because the religions that revere the relics are fraudulent to begin with. 2) Knowledge. The truth behind human development and the earth's history might be worth much more than gold. Maybe that type of information has been preserved somewhere.
  • Rams: I don't think all the petroglyphs were left by 'natives'. The ram may one of those carvings that serve as a symbol of recognition for those who created them and for those who might follow later. The outlined cross may be another, IMO. Another purpose for symbols such as these may be to serve as a 'mark of possession'. The ram is associated with the Age of Aries (ca 2000 BCE to 0 BCE), which might help identify their age, or perhaps the time period they refer to. I don't know who these guys are, but I suspect they've been around for a long time and are still are. People like to say they were 'Knights Templar' or 'KGC', and maybe these groups were involved, but if so, they were minions, IMO.

Of course, with all this, I could be wrong. I am always willing to change my mind and move on, but for now it's a working model.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Sr Nobody - not to me, you are a friend. You mentioned Astrotheology. Unfortunately I haven't investigated that very deeply, but I have Psychological profile development based upon the basic Horoscope functions. Yep, this means your basic psychological profile has been developed when you are born, and yes, it can be modified as you go through life due to external influences.

After all, if the planets do effect our earthly domain, it is logical to assume that they can easily just as well effect the weak electro matrix that is us while we are forming.

Wanna test me?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread