Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
White's New Detector... Vision

vision.jpg

Here's what we think we know so far:

3 Frequencies, 2.5kHz, 7.5kHz, and 22.5kHz
Color screen, new display housing
Oscilloscope like display (this tickles my inner geek)
Same shaft and electronics box as the DFX
D2 coil
Has internal Bluetooth audio/data transceiver
White's is selling bluetooth headphones, or you could use your own
You can exchange programs with other detectors over bluetooth
Retail price is going to be around $1500 with the headphones
Will be in stock at a dealer near you within a months time.

http://www.whitesvision.com (may or may not be up yet)

White's Vision Field Guide!
http://www.munchless.com/images/vision_field_guide.pdf

Get your reading glasses on... there's a lot to look at! This thing looks awexome!

Ok, after reading the field guide, here are some interesting observations:

1) Support of multiple wireless headphones connected at the same time. Great for training purposes, or group hunting with one detector. Ability to change headphone channel just in case of interference.
2) Transmit Boost is a feature that amplifies the transmit circuit to help penetrate deep in the ground… very interesting. This seems much different than your typical sensitivity adjustment, which would seem to make the receiver end of things more or less sensitive. This Tx Boost is kind of like NOS for your detector… you wouldn’t use it all of the time, but when you needed it… it would be great to have it.
3) New high and low frequencies making the detector even more sensitive to GOLD and SILVER respectively. Deep silver, here we come. Oh boy, I wanna nugget hunt today… and can!
4) Frequency offset - +5/-5 which tunes the detector to the type of target you are seeking, or just to cancel out crosstalk between two Vision machines or nearby EMI. Too bad it wasn’t automatic for the crosstalk portion, but hey… it’s there!
5) Page 3 shows a depth of 13 inches on the display , and the depth meter shows fractions down to ¼”
6) Really cool Active Analyze screen, for the geek in all of us.
7) Deep Silver, Meterorite, Hi Pro preset modes sound like “the business”.
8) LIVE CONTROLS! You can now adjust all kinds of parameters while the detector is operating in a recovery mode. Fine tuning couldn’t be easier now… experimentation will be fun instead of a chore!
9) Included is a SMART CHARGER that will charge your NiMH battery pack in 2-3 hours. Runtime is about 6-12 hours even despite the new display and wireless headphones!
10) Ability to change menu color schemes and menu sounds.
11) Help balloons activated by pushing trigger forward makes learning and REMEMBERING easy!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Re: White's New Detector... Vision

WOW, these detectors are going to be so advanced that they are putting some of us technology challenged individuals to the side. Got to have it I guess to compete.

piratesgold

Apr 29, 2008
CT
Detector(s) used
White's M6

wow, i definitely want to test one out at least, sounds like fun!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for posting this FP...I've been looking for info without success. A lot of boards have had topics on the Vision, but then disappeared. Hopefully this one will not be disappeared...we'll see :wink:

Beep

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT

very cool ! I'm a dealer and i can't wait for this to come out, actually this is the most info i've seen yet! looking foward to this one! thanks for the info

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Sounds like I will have to start saving up! Not sure what the wife will say though...Oh well. :tongue3: jgas

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

FYI: I posted this first over on Coinhunting.net ;-)

Feel free to spread this around, White's has given the OK to talk about the Vision now. All forum Mods and Admins should be OK with this info.

I'm hoping to have one of these in my hands in a week.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

definitely let us know how it is and post video or something, something to add to the wishlist..gregg

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

You bet! I'll be videotaping some of the cool features and hopefully I'll be able to take it to some good hunting spots.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon

What if you go blind?

Newt

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Looks awesome. I wonder if I can answer my phone using the bluetooth through the headphones!

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Just when you get use to one, another one comes out....but usually the learning curve isnt too bad.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro

From a Minelab sorta guy, I gotta say this appears to be a leading edge detector. The bluetooth feature is a huge step. Interesting they have embraced the Minelab approach of multiple frequencies. Maybe Minelab will adopt the approach of using bluetooth.
What bothers me is the vast difference between frequencies. I'm also a Tesoro fan, which seem to be great small gold machines, they usually run frequencies from 10khz to 17 khz. The Whites seems to Bypass this bandwidth. Gotta keep an open mind, I'm sure they have researched this thing. Even though I'm not a "Whites" guy, I hope this is a butt kick'in detector. Let's raise the bar.

OP
OP
FooserPaul

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac

Yes yes... Brett is the man... I just helped spread his good word from coinhunting.net :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread