Who says Missouri cant have nice relics too

U

umrgolf

Who says Missouri can't have nice relics too

:hello: Recently decided to get out of the Navy at my 4-yr point and moved back to Missouri. During the CW, my hometown had quite a bit of activity and some of the finds pictured came from a hunt on Wednesday. Yesterday, I came down to visit some relatives that live in Northern Arkansas, near the battle of Pea Ridge. I had shot a pm at member "peanut" a couple weeks ago to meet up and hit a spot my relatives own. The third hole I dug was the wreath to a two piece buckle. I looked for the tongue for a couple hours with no luck. I assure you I'll be back to keep looking soon. Anyway, we hit that spot til about noon and then met up with one of peanut's friends and hit another site. I ended up with the 3 eagle I's and a couple of the bullets from that second spot yesterday. Thanks again peanut, had a blast!

Anyone know what type of bullet this is on the right (next to a .44 colt)​
IMG_0022.JPG

.69 cal French triangle base flat nose (1859 issue)​
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Bridal buckle​
IMG_0027.JPG

Carved triangle​
IMG_0033.JPG

3 Eagle I cuffs​
IMG_0026.JPG

unknown brass piece​
IMG_0023.JPG

pottery shard​
IMG_0032.JPG

Militia Wreath​
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who says Missouri can't have nice relics too

Amazing CW finds :headbang: almost looks like a Virginia hunt , everything except the starfish , :laughing7: Welcome back and I will miss the J-Team hunts although it looks like you haven't missed a beat . :headbang: dawg

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice hunt. After Virginia and Tennessee, Missouri had the most CW activity. A buddy of mine found a nice CSA buckle there about 3 months ago. Congrats on your finds and I hope you find much more.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
Amazing CW finds :headbang: almost looks like a Virginia hunt , everything except the starfish , :laughing7: Welcome back and I will miss the J-Team hunts although it looks like you haven't missed a beat . :headbang: dawg

Yep, the good ol days are gone :-\

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

treasurehound said:
Nice hunt. After Virginia and Tennessee, Missouri had the most CW activity. A buddy of mine found a nice CSA buckle there about 3 months ago. Congrats on your finds and I hope you find much more.

id like to get into some CS camps, but itll take some research on my part.. thanks :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

BuckleBoy said:
You just can't get skunked, can ya? :P GREAT stuff, my friend. That wreath is killer, and in great shape.

-Buck

thank u BB, ill try to get the other half later this week

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dude you will find good digs where ever you end up! Sorry you left the area ,I was going to give ya a call in the spring. If you start to miss the military remember the Coast Guard and AF. Most Navy jobs cross over to the CG and them guys have it made. :coffee2:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome relics! Mt first thought on that unknown bullet was that it is German Hessian and could be from the late 1700s, or maybe not, LOL. Congrats and HH, Mike

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

your post are a inspiration to all of us but seriously you found some really neat stuff here in va where i know its been hit preety good just need patience which you have . Cant wait to see what kind of relics you are going to be pulling out of the ground that way .Good luck buddy and you allways have a place here in VA.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

birdman said:
Dude you will find good digs where ever you end up! Sorry you left the area ,I was going to give ya a call in he spring. If you start to miss the military remember the Coast Guard and AF. Most Navy jobs cross over to the CG and them guys have it made. :coffee2:

thanks birdman 8) I doubt ill get back in, actually getting ready to travel out of country for a year sometime soon.. sorry we didnt get to meet up, maybe one of these days

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That's a very nice hunt you had, great looking pieces. :icon_thumright:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

killer finds!!! MR TUFF

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice digs Jeff, you picked up right where you left off in Virginia! Nice lead, you will dig some odd bullets out that way. Hopefully the tongue will turn up for that buckle

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How's the soil down there Jeff? Looks like it treated those Eagle "I"s fairl well; they all have quite abit of gilt still remaining on them

BTW, I' may know what your Brass "Whatsit" is :wink: PM me

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice assortment of finds!
Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff,
First off, thanks for your years of service. :thumbsup:
Excellent relics you found there. I'm loving that odd bullet.
As far as only finding one piece of a wreath buckle I know the feeling. I found the "NC" tongue, but never found the wreath portion. :'( I looked like crazy for it. :tongue3:
I remember as a kid finding lots of arrowheads in Missouri. Keep your eyes open! :o
Great post & good luck to you,
Doug

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice finds man.

Missourri has some nice finds. It's the skill in the hunter that makes the difference.

Jer

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

{Sentinel} said:
How's the soil down there Jeff? Looks like it treated those Eagle "I"s fairl well; they all have quite abit of gilt still remaining on them

BTW, I' may know what your Brass "Whatsit" is :wink: PM me

I think it treats the relics similarly but its very rocky.. I love how the bullets come out here, you can literally just wipe the mud right off when you dig them.

ModernMiner said:
Jeff,
First off, thanks for your years of service. :thumbsup:
Excellent relics you found there. I'm loving that odd bullet.
As far as only finding one piece of a wreath buckle I know the feeling. I found the "NC" tongue, but never found the wreath portion. :'( I looked like crazy for it. :tongue3:
I remember as a kid finding lots of arrowheads in Missouri. Keep your eyes open! :o
Great post & good luck to you,
Doug

The service was fun at times and I got a great education.. and now I have 3 more years of college paid for by Uncle Sam, so I'm very glad I did join. As far as the buckle goes, I wish I had found the tongue like you.. I'm headin back out tomorrow in pursuit ;D

4-H said:
I think you just need to chalk it up to having good luck where ever you go buddy. :D

Great finds Jeff

the funny thing is there's always old dig holes everywhere when I'm finding this stuff :dontknow: one spot last week I call the guy, get permission, as soon as I get out there I'm seein dig holes every 8 or 10 feet so they must have gotten some decent stuff :laughing7:

JerV3 said:
Nice finds man.

Missourri has some nice finds. It's the skill in the hunter that makes the difference.

Jer

Thanks Jer.. the guy I met up with (peanut) also had a V3.. those things seem pretty nice :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread